Offensive Line (1 Viewer)

What you have to keep in mind is the number of pass attempts by Brees is higher than every other QB in the NFL, so you must look at sacks per attempt, instead of just sacks as a number by itself.

In that regard, we have done a good job, but the misleading part is the number of pressures on Brees has gone up from last year. I would say by about 25 percent. So it is somewhat significant.

I would say the protection for Brees has definitely improved from early in the season and we are on our way back to being a dominant O-line. We have also seen the emergence of Chris Ivory as a potential 1000 yard rusher, which is crazy to fathom, given the fact he didn't play much early in the season.

The penalties need to stop, however. They are trending that way.

FYI, if that list has the Colts as #1, then the list is pretty much invalid. Manning has been pressured this year like nothing he has seen since 1998. They are not taking into account pressures on the QB and QB hits.

What you have to keep in mind is the number of pass attempts by Brees is higher than every other QB in the NFL, so you must look at sacks per attempt, instead of just sacks as a number by itself.

In that regard, we have done a good job, but the misleading part is the number of pressures on Brees has gone up from last year. I would say by about 25 percent. So it is somewhat significant.

I would say the protection for Brees has definitely improved from early in the season and we are on our way back to being a dominant O-line. We have also seen the emergence of Chris Ivory as a potential 1000 yard rusher, which is crazy to fathom, given the fact he didn't play much early in the season.

The penalties need to stop, however. They are trending that way.

FYI, if that list has the Colts as #1, then the list is pretty much invalid. Manning has been pressured this year like nothing he has seen since 1998. They are not taking into account pressures on the QB and QB hits.

They don't explain their formula very well but they do give a little info on it. Anyway, I thought it was interesting they had the Saints so high on the list.

the fundamentals are comprised of the length of a team’s pass attempts combined with penalties by offensive linemen, sacks allowed and quarterback hurries and knockdowns.

the line has performed admirably all season long.....the percentages of pass attempts to sacks, pressures, and penalties shows that the line is doing a great job and has been for the entire season even tho many see it the other way

not only that, but again they have helped turn a no-name running back into a beast

the offensive line is the best part of this team and the most important piece of our keys to victory

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom