Breaking! Official 2024 Saints UDFA Class: currently 16 Signings & 19 R-Minicamp Invites (3 Viewers)

3 WRs along with the one we drafted.

Sheets has size. 6'4", 220 lbs. Played at a lower level at Slippery Rock but played great.

Tipton seemed to be a guy Cleveland was bringing in. Not sure if he was upset they didn't draft him, they lowballed him or we outbid them. 5'10", 180 with a 4.32 40 time. 807 yards and 10 TDs this past season for Yale.

Jackson is smaller than both but could be our return ace. But can we afford the roster spot? Figure we've got Olave, Shaheed, AT and Wilson as the top 4. That's 4 rookies and the leftovers for maybe 2 spots.

Loomis is going to have to hit the free agent market hard. Need to sign an established veteran WR, maybe OBJ or Hunter Renfrow. Definitely more offensive line depth (Peat, Becton, and/or Zeitler), a veteran TE, and another safety, maybe Justin Simmons. To me the undrafted free agent list is unwhelming, hopefully the Punter will make the team. Possibly need another RB if last year was a guide, with how long Miller was out with injury. Maybe we make some trades. Still lots of time, but we are lacking in quality depth.

i don’t love the list but i feel like the last two years udfa have been weaker in general as teams are spending more money on scouting not as much talent is falling through the cracks

Loomis is going to have to hit the free agent market hard. Need to sign an established veteran WR, maybe OBJ or Hunter Renfrow. Definitely more offensive line depth (Peat, Becton, and/or Zeitler), a veteran TE, and another safety, maybe Justin Simmons. To me the undrafted free agent list is unwhelming, hopefully the Punter will make the team. Possibly need another RB if last year was a guide, with how long Miller was out with injury. Maybe we make some trades. Still lots of time, but we are lacking in quality depth.
I thought Zeitler signed somewhere, but not sure. I gotta think Peat is coming back. They need insurance for Penning. Renfrow also makes some sense at the slot.

Might as well add that new punter to the roster. Hedley was ranked 37th in punt average how????? 32 punters in the league, like your 5 spots behind last.
The yard averages of punters’ with significantly less attempts were also included in yard-avg rankings. Punt yard averages isn’t the best way to measure efficiency when the punter is among the leaders in IN20, DN, FC, Least Return yards and OPP’s avg LOS after punts.
Pre-snap average LOS before punts is a big factor in who has the most opportunities to average long yards. Our punter last year always punted at NO36-NO40 most of the time. Field position stats like the average LOS before and after punts shows a punter’s impact punt to punt beyond the casual stats.

I’m glad we brought in another punter to compete with Hedley though so we can make sure we have the best punter on the team. Hayball has a great chance to become the guy

Last edited:
Anyone know what’s up with Trai Turner?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom