Analysis ***Official Saints @ Eagles Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The offense improved in the 2nd half after the Eagles lost 5 starters due to injury? And that buys Hill another week?

I agree, the loss takes off a ton of pressure. Im always leery of carrying a long win streak into the postseason. We dont have much of a chance if any at the 1 seed, play KC next week, and with a conference record tied with GB and LA, we likely wont even win any 3 way tie scenarios for the 1 seed. We dont need to rush Brees back. The only thing we need to do is just have Tampa lose a game or we win a game and lock up the division and at least host 1 game, and hope GB loses before we have to go to Lambeau in January.

I'd just worry about KC next week. One game at a time. We can't worry about what the rest of the league is doing. I believe Payton will have a game plan ready for KC and should be a fun game. I'm already looking forward to it. Getting bent the first loss after a 9 game win streak is pretty silly imo.

As for Hill, that's up to Payton. I'm not really too worried. I don't like his fumbling issues, but he does a lot of other things that are good enough to work with. It's a work in progress.

Calling it like it is...easy to see those open receivers from the couch, isn’t it.
This is true things move way faster on the field but Taysom play was straight 💩 today the entire team was 💩. Here we are again saints playing poor down the stretch when things start to matter most.

And the offense improved in the 2nd half. Did you not see the graphic at the beginning of the game where they were near the league lead in several defensive categories? They’ve been injured a lot this season, but they have a stout defensive line with a nasty streak and imposed their will. The OL didn't play well and Armistead got bull rushed into Taysom's lap, which rarely happens. I don't think Taysom was prepared for their pass rush.

All teams have bad games every now and them. This was one of those weeks. It happens, we move on and look at the film and see what needs to be fixed. I trust Payton will have them ready next week.
Been saying that for the last four weeks. Straight up. Hill has 9 fumbles and at least three interceptions in four games. At least three of the fumbles have been lost. Hill is a problem.

Another excuse. He fumbled and turned over the fest chance to at least tie the game
It's not an excuse. Not finding a way to pick up the first down arguably cost us the game. The fumble itself didn't.

The play was designed for a deep throw that was covered. He fumbled trying to make something happen that wasn't there. If Hill hadn't whiffed on his block, maybe he would have found Thomas if he wasn't running to his right.

So Payton gambled on not only going for it on 4th down, but doubled down with a deep route as the primary receiver.

It's not an excuse. Not finding a way to pick up the first down arguably cost us the game. The fumble itself didn't.

The play was designed for a deep throw that was covered. He fumbled trying to make something happen that wasn't there. If Hill hadn't whiffed on his block, maybe he would have found Thomas if he wasn't running to his right.

So Payton gambled on not only going for it on 4th down, but doubled down with a deep route as the primary receiver.
Hill could have pulled the ball and run. Period. He can’t process audibling.

INEXCUSABLE PERFORMANCE from Head Coach down to the Water Person.

aYvqjF.jpg

😂

i'm so fking sick of the saints blowing it year after year. They can't even take a 3-8 team to hold onto first place ? this is pathetic. Sean payton blew it last year against the 49ers and blew it this year with the taysom hill experiment. this is inexusable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom