Official Start Chris Reis Thread (3 Viewers)

Maybe? But I meant replace Harper, not shift him to FS. We could see what Reis can do at SS b/c Harper hasn't been very good.

FS will be a position we'll have to draft for this offseason.

Yeah. Man I would hate to see Harper turn out to be yet another wasted pick. It seems we either hit gold or swing and totally miss lately.

He's a strong safety who ran a 4.75 out of college. Unless he's the smartest man alive and makes perfect decisions everytime, he's not going to do much at FS in coverage.

I'd be more inclined to give him a shot at SS with the way Harper has been playing. He's almost 220 pounds so you'd assume he can lay the wood.
Good Lord, I had no idea he was that slow!

**** yeah!!!

Anyone at this point is better than Bullocks and I'm not so sold on Harper anymore. A quadrapalegic with his wheelchair locked has better ball skills than Roman.

haze, i respect your opinion, but he was merely tackling the guy not stripping the ball. i agree that it's certainly worth a shot to see what he's got as a starter, but didn't he start a game or 2 last season?

With two games left and nothing to WIN, I hope that we give some of our untested and/or young players some live action playing time. Reis, Dunbar, Meachem, Bushrod, Charleston, etc.

haze, i respect your opinion, but he was merely tackling the guy not stripping the ball. i agree that it's certainly worth a shot to see what he's got as a starter, but didn't he start a game or 2 last season?

It actually has nothing to do with that play last night, that was just about the only picture you can find of the guy that is in any way recent :rofl:

He's a strong safety who ran a 4.75 out of college. Unless he's the smartest man alive and makes perfect decisions everytime, he's not going to do much at FS in coverage.

I'd be more inclined to give him a shot at SS with the way Harper has been playing. He's almost 220 pounds so you'd assume he can lay the wood.

HE DID NOT RUN A 4.75 OUT OF COLLEGE
see my previous post, his DRAFT GRADE WAS 4.75 NOT HIS 40 yard dash
stop bashing players and posting false information about them especially since i have proven you wrong with facts stating otherwise, do you really hate chris reis that much? first you compare him to an undersized linebacker now this, discrediting any ability that reis has.... like i previously posted which you did not respond

i have no clue where you got the 4.7 time, out of nowhere i suppose, he had the fastest shuttle time in the year he participated in pro day (3.70) http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/pdleaders.php?draftyear=2006 and he ran a 4.6 even http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Player+Rankings/2006/ss.htm

go to the link i posted for the second time
scroll down
<table x:str="true" border="1" bordercolor="#c0c0c0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr height="18"><td class="xl24" bgcolor="white" height="18">Rk</td> <td class="xl25" bgcolor="white">No</td> <td class="xl24" bgcolor="white">Player</td> <td class="xl24" bgcolor="white">School</td> <td class="xl26" bgcolor="white">Grade</td> <td class="xl25" bgcolor="white">Height</td> <td class="xl25" bgcolor="white">Weight</td> <td class="xl25" bgcolor="white">Speed</td> <td class="xl25" bgcolor="white">Notes</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table x:str="true" border="1" bordercolor="#c0c0c0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr height="18"><td class="xl27" x:num="x:num" x:fmla="=A24+1" bgcolor="white" height="18">24.</td> <td class="xl29" x:num="x:num" bgcolor="white">18</td> <td class="xl30" bgcolor="white">Chris Reis</td> <td class="xl30" bgcolor="white">Georgia Tech</td> <td class="xl31" x:num="x:num" bgcolor="white">4.75</td> <td class="xl35" x:num="x:num" bgcolor="white">6001</td> <td class="xl35" x:num="x:num" bgcolor="white">215</td> <td class="xl36" bgcolor="white">4.6e</td> <td class="xl34" bgcolor="white">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
see where it says GRADE??? thats 4.75 see where it says SPEED? that says 4.6e which stands for EVEN
=
bullocks who gets credited with his great athletisicm but lack of football knowledge ran a 4.58 http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Bullocks,Josh-FS-Nebraska.htm

having 4.6 speed is pretty decent for a safety, plenty of defensive backs run around that time, having a 4.75 would be horrible, having a 3.70 SHUTTLE time is amazing, not the fastest SAFETY time, but the fastest TIME period that year, faster than antonio cromartie

how often does a safety need to chase down someone 40 yards down the field in a straight line anyway?

Last edited:
I've been wanting to see more of Reis since training camp. Once again, he had better coverage on a fake punt that NO ONE expected than most of our corners/safeties on 3rd and 20.

I've been wanting to see more of Reis since training camp. Once again, he had better coverage on a fake punt that NO ONE expected than most of our corners/safeties on 3rd and 20.

And for anyone wanting to say that he didn't influence that play and it was all Moore, you're all full of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom