Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (13 Viewers)

Well, I didn't have Solo's Bloodline showing up on NXT on the bingo card tonight.

This is gonna be a good show.

Not to speak for Dave, but this doesn't have anything to do with AEW. I enjoy them, but there are better and safer ways of doing this. And believe me. If that mess was happening in the E I'd make the same complaint.

The reason AEW gets the backlash is due to their exposure to the mainstream. Smaller promotions aren't on TV on a weekly basis and can do large scale events. A few years ago, the E had that promo telling folks to not do that crap because they realized how kids and others were trying to pick up and getting themselves killed. Private company or not, AEW has a responsibility in this.

Let me also say that it's not just the Swerve/Hangman match. What happens if a kid tries to mimic Moxley and throw a plastic bag on another kid's head and something tragic happens?

In a world with YouTube and the internet, any child or any idiot can pick this up.
Are kids actually killing each other doing wrestling moves?

It does happen. Maybe not so much killing, but definitely lots of broken bones and ER visits. My daughter works at a hospital here and she's seen some gnarly sheet from people "wrestling".
I know injuries happen, but he said kids are dying. I'm not always plugged in, so I could be wrong, but I've never heard of a kid dying trying a wrestling move. Maybe some kind of choking while at school or something perhaps.

Nah, 3 hours sucks! 2 hours is plenty. I hope they keep it like that on Netflix and why not, it's not like they have commercials, so 2 hours for them is like 3 hours with commercials.
Iran to each his own, I'm used to the 3 hour length of time, which is about what a football game is, so it works for me. But if there were no commercials, then yeah, 2 hours would make sense.

I know injuries happen, but he said kids are dying. I'm not always plugged in, so I could be wrong, but I've never heard of a kid dying trying a wrestling move. Maybe some kind of choking while at school or something perhaps.
There are more than a handful per year of kids accidentally killing a friend or classmate with a wrestling move.

I was knocked unconscious by a kid in 5th grade who did a pile driver on me. Kids are doing sheet like that all the time. I found in a quick search a few instances of kids killing other kids with wrestling moves, so it does happen. It's rare enough though.

The injuries from wrestling moves by people who don't know what they're doing can be pretty horrendous tho. And those happen pretty frequently.

There are more than a handful per year of kids accidentally killing a friend or classmate with a wrestling move.

I was knocked unconscious by a kid in 5th grade who did a pile driver on me. Kids are doing sheet like that all the time. I found in a quick search a few instances of kids killing other kids with wrestling moves, so it does happen. It's rare enough though.

The injuries from wrestling moves by people who don't know what they're doing can be pretty horrendous tho. And those happen pretty frequently.
I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.
Just to be clear, I think it's rare enough in terms of causing deaths. Certainly more die from other recreational sports than wrestling, although that's more a numbers thing. And I'm not so sure that AEW doing what they're doing is gonna lead to any sort of spike in deaths. I just think that next level violence isn't for kids and shouldn't be marketed that way. And tbh, I'm not a fan of bloodletting. It does nothing for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom