OK it was bound to come up so I will do the dirty work.... (1 Viewer)

The fact is that Colston just fits the style of Payton's offense better than Stallworth. I really liked Donté and always hoped he would live up to his potential....and I think he still will. But he's not the guy we need right now and Colston is. Have you noticed how often we go to him on 2nd and 3rd & short on the quick slant? That play is darn near undefensible. It's not Stallpepper's bread and butter but Colston is money on that play. We can still stretch the field with Devery but that's the exception not the rule with this style of offense.

Brees to Colston on on 2nd and 3rd & Short - Drew Brees to Antonio Gates in San Diego... Is there a pattern here?

Who cares Stallworth is not a Saint.

What happened?? did we trade him or something????... I am shocked to hear this..... thank god we still have Ricky Williams ...... I would like to get that guy Reggie Bush in the draft too........

Its a Saints discussion board..... if you dont care then dont post .... silly wabbit..

Someone is fishin' and the fish ain't biting

Time to take the fishing pole back to da house!

For the short term yes I believe Colston is certainly the more productive. I believe the decision had alot to do with Drew Brees, he likes the big guys ala Gates. What I question is the long term. After Horn retires we'll have Colston/Henderson/ ????? Copper ? Kind of an undecided. Had we not traded Stallworth we could have Colston/Stallworth/Henderson...thats just scary. This trade isn't finalized yet, b/c we still have a half season to go, plus the draft. See if Philly signs him, which I think they will unless they are totally scared off by his injuries. Simoneou is as advertised, not elite, but solid. I think we'll get the 3rd rounder, and hopefully use it to trade up for an elite player.

For the short term yes I believe Colston is certainly the more productive. I believe the decision had alot to do with Drew Brees, he likes the big guys ala Gates. What I question is the long term. After Horn retires we'll have Colston/Henderson/ ????? Copper ? Kind of an undecided. Had we not traded Stallworth we could have Colston/Stallworth/Henderson...thats just scary. This trade isn't finalized yet, b/c we still have a half season to go, plus the draft. See if Philly signs him, which I think they will unless they are totally scared off by his injuries. Simoneou is as advertised, not elite, but solid. I think we'll get the 3rd rounder, and hopefully use it to trade up for an elite player.

IF... and that is a BIG if... Stallworth can ever get over his injury problems he could put up big #'s ... but Colston has the advantage in so many ways....

Speed .... Stallworth +1
Hands .... Colston +1
Size .....Colston +1
Character....Colston +1
Route running.... Colston +1 .... even as a rookie!!
man on man jam at the LOS... Colston +1... he never gets jammed at the LOS and Stallworth would almost get knocked down if a bigger DB gave him a shove....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom