OK, what do we do next year to fix the defense? (1 Viewer)

P-town balla

Resident Weather Guru
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
resign Charles Grant
get Nate Clements
Draft Patrick Willis in the first
Draft Quentin Culberson in the 3rd
Draft Deljuan Robinson in the 4th
Draft CB in 2nd

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Getting rid of Jason Craft is definitely part of this equation. I'd love to see us get Nate Clemens. If that happens, we could keep McKenzie as the other starter and have Thomas as the nickel back. With Clemens in and Craft gone, we'd give up no more than 1/2 the passing yardage.
I'd love to see a CB or a MLB picked in the early rounds (someone who will be able to play on the NFL level, of course...). Finding another DT (by draft or free agency) who could plug the middle as well as Hollis Thomas does would be a nice miracle: if we had two Hollis Thomases in there, no one would get ANY yardage against us on the ground. That guy is a monster and is probably the single greatest reason this defense has improved as much as it has. More please!

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Getting rid of Jason Craft is definitely part of this equation. I'd love to see us get Nate Clemens. If that happens, we could keep McKenzie as the other starter and have Thomas as the nickel back. With Clemens in and Craft gone, we'd give up no more than 1/2 the passing yardage.
I'd love to see a CB or a MLB picked in the early rounds (someone who will be able to play on the NFL level, of course...). Finding another DT (by draft or free agency) who could plug the middle as well as Hollis Thomas does would be a nice miracle: if we had two Hollis Thomases in there, no one would get ANY yardage against us on the ground. That guy is a monster and is probably the single greatest reason this defense has improved as much as it has. More please!

Craft - Agreed

Nate - That would be nice if he's not locked up before he hits the market, and we can afford him. *There a few other FA DB's that could also improve what we have right now.

DB in the 3rd round would be great with the pick for Donte, if Philly resigns him.

MLB in draft - Probably better off getting one in FA if we expect him to come in and make an immediate impact.

MLB is one of the most difficult positions to find a guy coming right out of college who can make an immediate impact both mentally (learning the postion at the Pro level) and physically. He's your D quarterback.

Remember Courtney Watson? Smart... Picked up the D quick, but no physical talent at this level whatsoever.

DT - Draft or FA, could work with Bryan and Hollis there to school him, if it's in the draft.

Also a TE that can both block, and who has good hands - I know that's probably wishing for too much in a TE today. They are far and few in between.

Resign Charles - A priority.

I think FA could be a bonanza for us next year, if we have the CAP room. With what Sean's building here, there should be some quality players, with good character, who would want to be a part of this.

... JMHO

Last edited:

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score

I also agree about Thomas didn't he get banged up and have to leave the game today for a little while, it seemed like right when he went out they got a few extra yards on the run....I definitely want to see us address CB in free agency for immediate help, and draft a great MLB( Maulingua or Zibikowski) ..............

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Re-sign Grant.

Beg, borrow or steal a CB, DT and MLB in free-agency.

Draft BPA in the first round, then defense the rest of the way...unless a demigod chances to fall into our laps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Saints stumble but still own NFC South lead after Week 2; here's what to know, what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
El Caliente Can we clean things up before next week? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Who is Saints' next man up if Michael Thomas sits? Here are 4 options, and 1 wild card Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Any Saints Fans going to Vegas next weekend ? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Andrus Saints Offense vs. Packers Defense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Mississippi Saints Fan Our defense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Andrus Demario Davis Talks Saints Defense, Week 3 prep | Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Sumdude34 This defense lives and dies by its Slot/Nickle defenders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Andrus Saints Defense vs. Packers Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
No teamwork on defense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
This Defense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
NFL Teams are 294-3947 all-time when allowing 34 or more points, Look no further then the Defense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Saint Kamara Saints defense prevents 100 yard rusher yet again Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Is this the best combined Saints defense/special teams/kicking units of all time? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Cincy Saint Film breakdown - Saints defense takes away the middle from Brady and the Bucs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Mississippi Saints Fan So excited about the defense this year. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints defense faces tough test in Josh Jacobs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Defense at Raiders Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: How Saints rushing offense lines up vs. Raiders rushing defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Andrus Saints Offense at Raiders Defense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Second look: How the Saints went small on defense to defeat the Buccaneers Saints RSS News Feeds 1
ktmoze Saints Offense vs. Raiders Defense Preview - Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Dan in Lafayette 2020 Saints Defense has traits of the 2009 Squad, Pt. 1 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 2020 Saints Defense has traits of the 2009 Squad Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13