OK, what do we do next year to fix the defense? (1 Viewer)

P-town balla

Resident Weather Guru
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
resign Charles Grant
get Nate Clements
Draft Patrick Willis in the first
Draft Quentin Culberson in the 3rd
Draft Deljuan Robinson in the 4th
Draft CB in 2nd

Getting rid of Jason Craft is definitely part of this equation. I'd love to see us get Nate Clemens. If that happens, we could keep McKenzie as the other starter and have Thomas as the nickel back. With Clemens in and Craft gone, we'd give up no more than 1/2 the passing yardage.
I'd love to see a CB or a MLB picked in the early rounds (someone who will be able to play on the NFL level, of course...). Finding another DT (by draft or free agency) who could plug the middle as well as Hollis Thomas does would be a nice miracle: if we had two Hollis Thomases in there, no one would get ANY yardage against us on the ground. That guy is a monster and is probably the single greatest reason this defense has improved as much as it has. More please!

Getting rid of Jason Craft is definitely part of this equation. I'd love to see us get Nate Clemens. If that happens, we could keep McKenzie as the other starter and have Thomas as the nickel back. With Clemens in and Craft gone, we'd give up no more than 1/2 the passing yardage.
I'd love to see a CB or a MLB picked in the early rounds (someone who will be able to play on the NFL level, of course...). Finding another DT (by draft or free agency) who could plug the middle as well as Hollis Thomas does would be a nice miracle: if we had two Hollis Thomases in there, no one would get ANY yardage against us on the ground. That guy is a monster and is probably the single greatest reason this defense has improved as much as it has. More please!

Craft - Agreed

Nate - That would be nice if he's not locked up before he hits the market, and we can afford him. *There a few other FA DB's that could also improve what we have right now.

DB in the 3rd round would be great with the pick for Donte, if Philly resigns him.

MLB in draft - Probably better off getting one in FA if we expect him to come in and make an immediate impact.

MLB is one of the most difficult positions to find a guy coming right out of college who can make an immediate impact both mentally (learning the postion at the Pro level) and physically. He's your D quarterback.

Remember Courtney Watson? Smart... Picked up the D quick, but no physical talent at this level whatsoever.

DT - Draft or FA, could work with Bryan and Hollis there to school him, if it's in the draft.

Also a TE that can both block, and who has good hands - I know that's probably wishing for too much in a TE today. They are far and few in between.

Resign Charles - A priority.

I think FA could be a bonanza for us next year, if we have the CAP room. With what Sean's building here, there should be some quality players, with good character, who would want to be a part of this.

... JMHO

Last edited:

I also agree about Thomas didn't he get banged up and have to leave the game today for a little while, it seemed like right when he went out they got a few extra yards on the run....I definitely want to see us address CB in free agency for immediate help, and draft a great MLB( Maulingua or Zibikowski) ..............

Re-sign Grant.

Beg, borrow or steal a CB, DT and MLB in free-agency.

Draft BPA in the first round, then defense the rest of the way...unless a demigod chances to fall into our laps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom