OL Coach Vs RB (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Antipodean Saint Fan
Reaction score
Just an observation at this point of time, but I wonder why the value of a stud RB can be maintained whilst a team like the Broncos can turn an unknown RB into a household name on a continual basis. Its well known that the OL coach that was there has instituted a blocking scheme that breaks holes for the RB on a continuol basis.

The question Im asking is...... "Why not pay a large amount for an innovative coach that can get a late round pick 1200yds than pay for a 1st round pick that will get you 1400yds with the same coaching... those millions could come in handy (to build me a new house), or even build a better team.

You raise a good point, but at the same time, you have to consider this is a new offensive line and they haven't even played together a whole season yet. If the run blocking is still poor at the end of the season, it may be an issue that needs to be addressed. For now, I'll give him and the OL the benefit of the doubt and give them more time to play as a cohesive unit.

Well, there are only a few great offensive line coaches in the NFL and they are getting paid real well nowadays. When Hudson Houck left San Diego and signed with the Dolphins last year he got a 3-year contract worth about $2.5 million... and even a great coach like Houck can`t do wonders and Miami's offensive line is really bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom