Organization in trouble (1 Viewer)

You don't think SP can run a Hurts/Jackson offense? Lol. That's like asking van Gogh to color in a Paw Patrol coloring book with crayons. Those offenses aren't complicated. It just takes the right personnel and execution. It would take an install period but he could do it if he wanted to. You have to commit to that style of offense and it's usually out of necessity.

We were 5-2 with Winston at the helm. So you’re as wrong as you could be. We have a complete team. It just so happens that half of that complete team is injured.

We could use some quality depth, for sure. We’d be 9-2 or 8-3 right now if we didn’t have horrible luck with injuries.

Everyone knew this was coming. They made the decision to go for it with Brees these last few years and hard to argue with that decision. Won the last four division crowns winning at least 12 games a year. IMHO the only bad decisions they made were Jordan and Peat. The other guys were all young. Jordan had already begun to slide in performance and Peat is always injured. The Taysom Hill contract also looks bad to me as he hasn’t had any performance to earn that much or shown the ability to stay healthy. The only reason I can think for signing Hill is if they realize they have another couple of years of cap hell and they realize they can’t bring in a new QB so they will go to the new age Lamar Jackson/Jalen Hurts type RPO offense with Taysom. But he can’t stay on the field!
And Payton can’t coach that type offense. They will have to bring in a new offensive asst to help him. Payton’s offensive genius in the drop back passing game is his only great quality. Not nearly as good a game manager as he is play caller and designer.
Gonna be a 2-3 year down period. Must use their draft picks wisely and start to trade down for additional ones until they can clear cap space to get a quality QB.
Let me add the seasons will be crap but offseason esp draft time will be more interesting as we draft higher.

Everyone knew this was coming. They made the decision to go for it with Brees these last few years and hard to argue with that decision. Won the last four division crowns winning at least 12 games a year. IMHO the only bad decisions they made were Jordan and Peat. The other guys were all young. Jordan had already begun to slide in performance and Peat is always injured. The Taysom Hill contract also looks bad to me as he hasn’t had any performance to earn that much or shown the ability to stay healthy. The only reason I can think for signing Hill is if they realize they have another couple of years of cap hell and they realize they can’t bring in a new QB so they will go to the new age Lamar Jackson/Jalen Hurts type RPO offense with Taysom. But he can’t stay on the field!
And Payton can’t coach that type offense. They will have to bring in a new offensive asst to help him. Payton’s offensive genius in the drop back passing game is his only great quality. Not nearly as good a game manager as he is play caller and designer.
Gonna be a 2-3 year down period. Must use their draft picks wisely and start to trade down for additional ones until they can clear cap space to get a quality QB.
Let me add the seasons will be crap but offseason esp draft time will be more interesting as we draft higher.
Is the organization in trouble because of your outside opinion thinking the Saints organization is somehow in the dark about where they stand in terms or their roster?

Are you under the impression that the Saints knew this roster would need a shot of talent on offense after Brees left. Do you think the focus on defense in the draft and free agency to aquire talent can't be done on offense and that you can't do that in one off-season and you have to field a team even though it's not as strong as previous teams, do you think the Saints did not rebuild this roster already after purging guys like Byed, Gallette and coming into the the following season with a weaker defense but got built back up the following off-season. Can we not allow this organization to that that for the offense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom