Organization in trouble (1 Viewer)

Everyone knew this was coming. They made the decision to go for it with Brees these last few years and hard to argue with that decision. Won the last four division crowns winning at least 12 games a year. IMHO the only bad decisions they made were Jordan and Peat. The other guys were all young. Jordan had already begun to slide in performance and Peat is always injured. The Taysom Hill contract also looks bad to me as he hasn’t had any performance to earn that much or shown the ability to stay healthy. The only reason I can think for signing Hill is if they realize they have another couple of years of cap hell and they realize they can’t bring in a new QB so they will go to the new age Lamar Jackson/Jalen Hurts type RPO offense with Taysom. But he can’t stay on the field!
And Payton can’t coach that type offense. They will have to bring in a new offensive asst to help him. Payton’s offensive genius in the drop back passing game is his only great quality. Not nearly as good a game manager as he is play caller and designer.
Gonna be a 2-3 year down period. Must use their draft picks wisely and start to trade down for additional ones until they can clear cap space to get a quality QB.
Let me add the seasons will be crap but offseason esp draft time will be more interesting as we draft higher.
Yay?

I wouldn’t call this an organization in trouble. When something like that is thrown around, I think Detroit, Jacksonville, the NY Jets, and Washington.
Franchises that have been in the basement for decades.
That isn’t the Saints. It’s a year removed from winning the NFCS four consecutive years.

We are in a funk no doubt but seeing the organization as in trouble going forward may be a knee jerk reaction. No team suffers the amount of injuries to all star talent that we have and remains competitive. Just doesn't happen. The writing is on the wall for next year, the UDFA experiment at WR has come to a crashing halt. You would need Drew in his prime to make these guys shine and it would still be a mixed bag of results. I can't see us ignoring the lack of talent at skill positions this offseason yet again. I just can't see it. We are strapped cap wise but we are going to make multiple moves next year to add talent whether it be FA or draft or both. We will get out of this rut I have no doubt and I don't think it's going to linger as long as many think

Also, Darnold may not be the answer in Carolina, Ryan in Atlanta has ups and downs and as soon as Brady decided to retire TB will come crashing down. A down year by the Saints this year may work out going forward if we can rebound while the other teams are starting their fall.

Also, Darnold may not be the answer in Carolina, Ryan in Atlanta has ups and downs and as soon as Brady decided to retire TB will come crashing down. A down year by the Saints this year may work out going forward if we can rebound while the other teams are starting their fall.
Ryan only has a few seasons left, if that.

If we were losing with a 5-6 record WITH a healthy Winston, Thomas, Kamara, Ramcyzk, CJGJ, and Davenport, then the team is in trouble.

I’m extremely disappointed after a close loss, even while knowing backups are playing. But I don’t jump to the we’re in trouble point because backups are indeed out there. What backups should be starting or used more over the other is the only thing that could be discussed at that point when injuries are that prevalent.

If we change our expectations based on the players on the team that are available, then we wouldn’t overreact and panic as much about the team falling apart.

There are a lot of issues at play, but the one that you just can't control are when injuries, especially key injuries pile up. You can only scheme so much, but we have too many injured players. This season is a write-off. Payton will weather the storm and the team will come back stronger next year.

Go back and revisit the Saints of 2014, 2015 & 2016. Its the same HC & GM as the 4 consecutive winning seasons, best record in football, playoff drafting machine thats leading this franchise today.
I know I trust them a lot more to get us back into contention then anyone you can think of. Have a little faith and look back and appreciate where we've come from as a franchise. Then look at the players weve drafted and the core talent. The entire day one OL is Saints draft picks, the entire secondary, DEs. RB's all highly rated pro bowl caliber players.
Losing franchises don't draft well and typically are not well coached. We are.

Come on ya'll...

lol.

Fan overreaction on message boards is inevitable.

We would be contenders this year, if it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of injuries. Payton has proven that he can coach whatever type of offense is necessary to win.

Next year we'll be fine.

In no way is this organization in trouble. Unfortunately, this year is pretty much done because of all the injuries and yes, next year we are 56M over the cap, but that'll be taken care of by restructuring (as always). We will re-sign Jameis to a contract with a good number of incentives, draft a receiver in the first or second round and get healthy. We still have a great defense (when the offense actually keeps them off the field for a reasonable amount of time), the offense was just starting to click even without MT or any other quality receivers on the team when Jameis went down. CSP was slowly taking off the handcuffs/training wheels with Jameis and without his and all the other all of the other injuries, I think he would be rolling in this offense right now.

I have high hopes for this team next year.

I wish I could root for them to lose for a better draft pick, but that's impossible for me after 50+ years as a diehard fan.

We all need to try and step back and take a breath. It'll be alright as long as we have CSP at the helm.

Everyone knew this was coming. They made the decision to go for it with Brees these last few years and hard to argue with that decision. Won the last four division crowns winning at least 12 games a year. IMHO the only bad decisions they made were Jordan and Peat. The other guys were all young. Jordan had already begun to slide in performance and Peat is always injured. The Taysom Hill contract also looks bad to me as he hasn’t had any performance to earn that much or shown the ability to stay healthy. The only reason I can think for signing Hill is if they realize they have another couple of years of cap hell and they realize they can’t bring in a new QB so they will go to the new age Lamar Jackson/Jalen Hurts type RPO offense with Taysom. But he can’t stay on the field!
And Payton can’t coach that type offense. They will have to bring in a new offensive asst to help him. Payton’s offensive genius in the drop back passing game is his only great quality. Not nearly as good a game manager as he is play caller and designer.
Gonna be a 2-3 year down period. Must use their draft picks wisely and start to trade down for additional ones until they can clear cap space to get a quality QB.
Let me add the seasons will be crap but offseason esp draft time will be more interesting as we draft higher.
I don't like to hit ppl with the failcon but it just seemed like the right thing to do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom