Our receivers on the bench holding footballs?? (2 Viewers)

airplane-lloyd-bridges-sniff-glue.jpg

When you want a (trained) dog to find a person, you let them sniff an article of the person's clothing. If you want an NFL receiver to catch footballs, you have them hold the football.

Might work for DBs, too. What do you give DEs?

Yea, I have seen that before with a WR corp. Carrying a ball around all the time to help get their hands hot. (for catching)

I wish bush would be taught how to carry the ball. I HATE the way he holds the ball.

Yea, he does scare me sometimes with the way he carries the ball. The weird thing is that I haven't noticed him fumble when he's carrying it that way, yet he has fumbled when he was carrying it the text book way. Anyone else noticed that?

Is that because he's not used to carrying it right and needs to practice it?

Yea, I have seen that before with a WR corp. Carrying a ball around all the time to help get their hands hot. (for catching)

Yea, he does scare me sometimes with the way he carries the ball. The weird thing is that I haven't noticed him fumble when he's carrying it that way, yet he has fumbled when he was carrying it the text book way. Anyone else noticed that?

Is that because he's not used to carrying it right and needs to practice it?

Thats because when he holds it his way he can move it around with his cat like reflexes to dodge the swating hands. :hihi:

Did anyone see this or know what it was all about?

Curtis Johnson was asked about it last night during the coach's show on WWL. He said it's something they are having the WRs do, hoping that it constantly reinforces thoughts on taking care of the football.

I remember seeing Jonathan Sullivan always walking around with a bucket of Popeyes. I always wondered what was up with that . . .

Curtis Johnson was asked about it last night during the coach's show on WWL. He said it's something they are having the WRs do, hoping that it constantly reinforces thoughts on taking care of the football.

Thanks for the info....it's all about concentration!

WR'S holding onto the ball.

In the first quarter there was a shot of the receivers sitting on the bench and each of them was holding a football. Nothing was said about it, but it reminded me of when a coach makes a player carry a football around school all week and having people try to knock it out of his hands.

Did anyone see this or know what it was all about?

I seen what your talking about. After they showed them all sitting on the bench w/ the balls, i just thought to myself that they must have been making them all hold balls while there on the bench. Good Idea. i like it... keep doin what their doin... Wish i can find a pic of that..
good post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom