Overlooked the Eagles (1 Viewer)

Hell no! This deep in the Playoffs, everyone is a very good team. I don't think we overlooked them. I know I didn't.

Mangini needs to go eat some linguini.

Agreed. Everyone thought we wouldn't be rusty because of '09. "SO MUCH FOR *&@% RUST" I believe was SPs quote.

This time, though... we were rusty. I think that tough game shook it off and I have all the confidence against the Rams

I think there may be a little bit of truth to it. the conference championship game is THE game, that's the one that sends you to the Super Bowl. I don't think it's totally inconceivable that as the #1 seed, the Saints may have been looking forward a little bit. but when they got smacked in the face the first 10 minutes, all that was out the window and it was back to business.

I don't think they'll have the same problem this weekend, I think they'll be 100% focused.

Brees came out anxious. How many times do you see him fumble a snap?

Once he settled down and DA did whatever DA did, Philly had no chance. Unfortunately that happened in the 2nd quarter with a 14 point deficit.

The clip is above. I'm sorry, but who is Eric Mangini to tell Sean Payton how to motivate his team haha

So, everyone and their grandmothers knew it would be a closer game this time because philly had injured players back and Foles magic. Then when what everyone says would happen actually happens somehow means we overlooked them? Maybe it was close because they had injured players back and Foles magic.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks we overlooked the Eagles doesn't know Sean Payton. No way in Hades was he looking past them. Drew throws that first pass a foot higher, and it's a different game.
Exactly what I SAID when it was intercepted. That play sent the tone for momentum. They they go and score first. More momentum. Eagles even stated the most overlooked analogy by the talking heads.
Eagles were in PLAYOFF mode since losing to the Saints just to make the cut for post season.
Saints once they wrapped up the division, played Safe until Playoffs.
Eagles stated they had nothing to LOSE because most had written them off
Come PLAYOFF time- ANYTHING can HAPPEN. Look at Chicago game- Who expected the FG miss?
This Conference Game is gonna be a Dog eats Dog contests. Rams Run Game improved and expect some trick run plays of miss directions because the Focus of the 2 head attack. Saints will have some tricks of their own.
This is why Getting the HOME FIELD meant so much- every little advantage counts.

On Pardon My Take podcast Sunday Eric Mangini said that he felt the Saints were looking past the Eagles when Payton came out with the Lombardi and money and that it is why we started slow. I think it was something to get the young guys pumped up and that was it. Does anyone agree with Mangini that we were already looking past the Eagles?

No. Mangini was not that successful as a HC. Probably why he is on another in a long line of commentary programs that flood the airwaves today. Saints were flat, maybe rusty to start the game from the layoff. They got into the grove after a quarter or so.. Drew missed on couple of long throws that would have blown the game open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom