N/S Panthers benched QB Bryce Young (Dalton starting)(Merged) (6 Viewers)

Being seeing reports calling Bryce Young a bust. The biggest bust is the Carolina Panthers front office for moving up in the draft and taking him.
Exactly. The picks they gave up. Just ginormous ... and still ongoing. And 7 different head coaches and 10 different starting QBs since 2018. So glad they are in our division.

Last edited:
Definitely.

I will say that sometimes you don't want to destroy a kid by letting him sink with this group. But, I think a lot of fans remember Peyton Manning's rookie season with the Colts. That was a horrific team and he took his lumps, and survived and thrived. Bryce is far from Manning, but idk if playing him or not is the right call. I think he can learn a thing or 2 from a veteran like Dalton tho.
Troy Aikman's firs year with the Cowboys...

1726606379092.png

Do the Panthers have a Michael Irvin at WR? Emmitt Smith at RB? Moose Johnson at FB? Kind of a hard comparison right now. The Cowboys got talent in the Dorsett trade. The Panthers got nothing.
Moose was drafted with Aikman but Irvin was on IR and Emmitt was playing for the Florida Gators...

Last edited:
Do the Panthers have a Michael Irvin at WR? Emmitt Smith at RB? Moose Johnson at FB? Kind of a hard comparison right now. The Cowboys got talent in the Dorsett trade. The Panthers got nothing.
The point is they, Aikman and Manning, won squat their first season. And here Bryce has even less to work with than those two. He's definitely not them, but benching him two games into his second season and first with a new coaching staff seems like a massive overreaction. Let him keep playing. NFL has always been tough on young QBs.

Adam Schefter said this, this morning. Plus, all of Panthers talk radio is hoping this happens. Crazy how they are already looking for their future QB.
I frequently offer up here things I've talked about with my husband and his suggestion for the best thing for Bryce Young would be to get traded to the Jets and pick up some knowledge from Aaron Rodgers.

The point is they, Aikman and Manning, won squat their first season. And here Bryce has even less to work with than those two. He's definitely not them, but benching him two games into his second season and first with a new coaching staff seems like a massive overreaction. Let him keep playing. NFL has always been tough on young QBs.
The difference now is the rookie contract, you can move on with less of a hit. Trey Lance, Sam Darnold, etc. were all cut loose. I agree he needs more time but either coach or owner doesn't have time for this. Plus, the guy picked right after you looking like an all pro doesn't help either.

I said it when he came out. An undersized QB... coming from Alabama... were 2 red flags for me. I hope the kid can turn it around... for another team of course

The difference now is the rookie contract, you can move on with less of a hit. Trey Lance, Sam Darnold, etc. were all cut loose. I agree he needs more time but either coach or owner doesn't have time for this. Plus, the guy picked right after you looking like an all pro doesn't help either.

Every rookie QB since the scale went into effect wants to punch Sam Bradford right now lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom