N/S Panthers benched QB Bryce Young (Dalton starting)(Merged) (5 Viewers)

I mean, seriously, what on their team doesn't look bad? They can't run the ball, they can't pass, they can't stop the run, they don't have a pass rush, they can't cover.

But there aren't enough players to bench an entire team...
Would be nice if they could bench the owner (not that we Saints fans are complaining).

I don't know how people could assume he'd have such a rough road with the Texans as well, but I'm interested in seeing if Dalton fares better. I would've passed on him due to size, was all...

Benching him is even worse than not. AD isnt taking that team to the playoffs. At best AD makes them competitive in a few games. Go ahead and let Bryce sink or swim in a season that doesnt matter. In fact, I would run a high tempo, heavy pass offense and let Bryce just wing it all over and tell him the outcome doesnt matter. Give him experience, see if he can turn it around and end up with the #1 pick in the process.

Its not like fans are going to be buying tix because of AD starting.
I disagree. He needs to be benched and learn that things are earned, not given. He’s playing like crap, so let him see the game from a different angle. It may help him to see what he is doing wrong.

He's a nice guy... but he might be less talented and have less upside than both of our current backup QBs.... For him to be successful he would have to have been surrounded by what he had at Bama (simply top to bottom better talent than everyone you face)... and that almost never happens in the NFL, and it certainly wasn't going to happen in Carolina.

That trade will go down as the worst trade in NFL history.

Not because of what they gave up, because they moved up to the 1st overall pick, that wasn’t an overpay.

Not because of who they took, Bryce Young was a good prospect.

All because of who went 2nd, Stroud is making Carolina look stupid. The problem is everyone in the organization wanted Stroud except the owner. Their fans need to boycott until Tepper sells

I don't know how people could assume he'd have such a rough road with the Texans as well, but I'm interested in seeing if Dalton fares better. I would've passed on him due to size, was all...
But size has nothing to do with it. Doug Flutie, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and Drew Brees (along with many other 6 ft QBs) did alright for themselves. If you are limited by size, then you must possess some defining skill that can allow you to belong. Bryce needs to find what his defining attribute is and perfect it. He too reliant on doing the things he did in college to work at the NFL level. Defenses are bigger, stronger, and faster. He can’t just throw passes up as a prayer and hope his receivers make the play. He has the talent, he just hasn’t honed his craft yet.

But size has nothing to do with it. Doug Flutie, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and Drew Brees (along with many other 6 ft QBs) did alright for themselves. If you are limited by size, then you must possess some defining skill that can allow you to belong. Bryce needs to find what his defining attribute is and perfect it. He too reliant on doing the things he did in college to work at the NFL level. Defenses are bigger, stronger, and faster. He can’t just throw passes up as a prayer and hope his receivers make the play. He has the talent, he just hasn’t honed his craft yet.
He isn't 6', He's closer to 5' 9" and I'm leery of barely 200# QBs absorbing NFL hits in 2024. We're discussing #1 picks and also what it takes to even move into position to have access to a prospect of that stature. You'll just have to accept that I would've passed on him after considering all factors. I do wish him the best, and clearly questioned anyone assumed that he'd fail in Houston. I would've passed on Murray as well- yet have defending him along with Wilson.

Amazing how people harping on Lamar's injury risks are OK with Young being out there. Hiits are hits. Mobile QB or not. Ask Burrow and Jimmy G, etc. Others who would pipe up while I'm defending Wilson will now hold him up as a beacon for short QBs.

Last edited:
He isn't 6'
I’m aware of that, as I stand in front of him on a weekly basis. The point is Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and Doug Flutie were/are not 6ft tall either. If size was the absolute issue, then none of those QBs would’ve found any success. Bryce is 5’10. Same as Kyler. Bryce is not in a great situation, but it is up to him to make it a good or manageable situation.

Benching him is even worse than not. AD isnt taking that team to the playoffs. At best AD makes them competitive in a few games. Go ahead and let Bryce sink or swim in a season that doesnt matter. In fact, I would run a high tempo, heavy pass offense and let Bryce just wing it all over and tell him the outcome doesnt matter. Give him experience, see if he can turn it around and end up with the #1 pick in the process.

Its not like fans are going to be buying tix because of AD starting.

Fans aren't buying tickets currently, dont think that is important regarding this move. what they want is to be able to evaluate their team with a competent Qb and let Bryce learn, cause he looks scared out there. He is missing easy throws. You can see his teammates are stsrting to get frustrated.

I’m aware of that, as I stand in front of him on a weekly basis. The point is Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and Doug Flutie were/are not 6ft tall either. If size was the absolute issue, then none of those QBs would’ve found any success. Bryce is 5’10. Same as Kyler. Bryce is not in a great situation, but it is up to him to make it a good or manageable situation.
Did you read my entire post?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom