Patrick Robinson (1 Viewer)

Hey BAY BAY!!!

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
How is P. Rob coming along in his rehab. All quiet about him and that broken ankle. Do Saints draft CB in 2nd if P. ROB is not ready?

P Rob will be ready and motivated after loosing a season. He’s a passionate guy with a chip. I can’t wait to see how he plays this year.
mb

P-Rob in a Saints uniform seems to have some bad luck. I'm hoping this season will bring better fortune for him and us.

It's easy to forget that we have P Rob possibly coming back. I say possibly because he suffered ligament damage in addition to the broken ankle. I remember after his surgery he said he should be ready to go in March. Hopefully his surgery and rehab went well and he'll be ready to go come TC.

If he's not ready to go then it's good to know that we have P.J. Williams signed and returning. If Crawley could regain his 2017 form then we could actually have a decent amount of depth.

He played really well last year when healthy. Hope he can keep that up because he clearly has come a long way from his rookie contract.

We would have given him a medical severance by now if he wasn't coming along.

:gosaints:

Possibly, but maybe not bc we did sign him to a 4 year deal. We have quite a bit invested in him. Usually the FO will be more patient with guys we have invested in as much as we have him.

So who knows, I'm sure he is recovering well. He is a workout beast, and always trains his butt off in the offseason.

PRob should make a huge difference in the secondary. We tend to forget we had him for less than 3 games last year. If he’s back healthy, he will take the D to a different level.

PJ > PROB for slot

If a team lines up in a 4 WR set and the Saints go to a Dime Defense, I really like the idea of having Lattimore and Apple on the two outside wide receivers and PJ and P Rob on the two slot guys. That sounds like 4 pretty solid CB's to me. It is not a set that is run very often (4WR) but every once in a while a team does it. I would actually be ok with the Saints running with those 4 guys plus one Safety (Small Nickle?) in a 3 WR set and have PJ take the TE or the RB out of the backfield, and if nobody goes out into a route then have him in run support, spy the QB if it is a running threat QB or blitz/rush the QB.

You can't have too many good CB's.

P-Rob injury might be more than expected, see signing of PJ for one year at 2.5M....major insurance....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom