Payton quote (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Stinchcomb is an unrestricted free agent and free to sign with any other team once the period opens at the end of February. The Saints gave him a two-year deal after the 2006 season and only one year as the full-time starter.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound tackle has displayed continued improvement since becoming the starter, according to Payton.

“He’s a guy that’s had a good season and he’s one of the leaders in that group,” Payton said. “He’s certainly a guy we’d definitely want back – a priority guy that we want to keep here. He’s someone who I think has been real solid for us.”

i just dont understand this coach...does the view from the sideline look drastically different than from above. does this guy watch film?

stinch has drew running and ducking for his life all day. the only good thing he does is getting out on screens. all runs to the right on pitches were horrible...in fact if there was one offensive play design that i had to pinpoint as costing us the season, it would have to be the sweep to the right. botched every time

get a more skilled guy in there....and some fricking understanding that the oline needs improvement

What do you expect? He's talking to the media. He can't speak his mind.

This is also the same coach who thinks running the ball 10 times per game and passing it 50 times per game is the key to success in the NFL.

Stinchcomb has had a good season. He's not a dominating RT. But he's a solid starter. Not sure why more Saints fans can't see that.

Fix the defense. The offense is outstanding.

Stinchcomb is an unrestricted free agent and free to sign with any other team once the period opens at the end of February. The Saints gave him a two-year deal after the 2006 season and only one year as the full-time starter.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound tackle has displayed continued improvement since becoming the starter, according to Payton.

“He’s a guy that’s had a good season and he’s one of the leaders in that group,” Payton said. “He’s certainly a guy we’d definitely want back – a priority guy that we want to keep here. He’s someone who I think has been real solid for us.”

i just dont understand this coach...does the view from the sideline look drastically different than from above. does this guy watch film?

stinch has drew running and ducking for his life all day. the only good thing he does is getting out on screens. all runs to the right on pitches were horrible...in fact if there was one offensive play design that i had to pinpoint as costing us the season, it would have to be the sweep to the right. botched every time

get a more skilled guy in there....and some fricking understanding that the oline needs improvement
I disagree.

Completely.

Stinchcomb had a fantastic day today versus one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. I see a lot of good play from Jon and nowhere near the mistakes I see from Brown or Goodwin this year. He's nowhere near the run blocker that Jon Runyan used to be, but he's more than capable enough that we don't need to waste time, energy or money when there are so many more glaring issues on this team that actually serve as a hindrance to this team from reaching the playoffs.

I was also going to post that I thought Stinch had been solid this season, but I didn't have much conviction in that opinion. Glad to see I'm not alone in my line of thought.

He's definitely not a problem. I think we should look at OT later in the draft maybe if we could find a steal, but other than that, I think we're set for next year with our tackles, assuming Stinch comes back (no pun intended).

Stinchcomb is not a problem. We would do well to keep him. We have problems with two defensive ends that hit the jackpot with us and are not producing ANYWHERE NEAR the amount of money they're making.

Stinchcomb has had a good season. He's not a dominating RT. But he's a solid starter. Not sure why more Saints fans can't see that.

Fix the defense. The offense is outstanding.

Exactly right. Stinch has had a good year and is not the problem. He's also a leader and great in the community.

Fix the defense...that should be the slogan for '09.

This is also the same coach who thinks running the ball 10 times per game and passing it 50 times per game is the key to success in the NFL.

I wish we'd run the Wing T offense for the first half of the season to shut you guys up. It's the defense that is the problem.

Stinch had a great year, why are people still hung up about his first 3 years here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom