Peacock getting an NFL playoff game (2 Viewers)

Honestly, I'm doing a three month trial of Peacock and it's gotta have the worst selection of any streaming service out there.
I use it for occasional watching old wrestling reruns and the WWE PPVs. There are some good series and the occasional good movie. One thing I do like is that even though i have the basic Peacock package, for some features, all you have to do is watch a 2 minute commercial before the feature starts then no commercials during. Peacock is a long way from perfect, but there's some meat on the bone there.

Totally agree with you. I see on the schedule that there are two Saints games that will be pay-per-view on prime. It looks to me like the NFL wants to gradually convert games to pay-per-view. I’m sure to make a lot more money. My guess is they are betting that they are popular enough that people will still want to watch the games.
It's not PPV. You have to have Prime to watch, but you only need to have an active subscription. You don't need to purchase the game itself. That's included in the sub.

Streaming is the future.
It is in the eyes of pro sports, that’s for sure.

Unfortunately, streaming is still quite unreliable for a large number of people who would otherwise watch a game on an antenna for free.

Streaming is how the NFL plans to take things fully global (because that’s where there are untapped mega billions). They will continue to expand the global games and I’d imagine streaming-only will expand to eventually include things like the Super Bowl.

The Amazon Prime games were atrocious. The interface was bad and I lost connection a number of times due to an issue with the prime app.

It’s the future - but sometimes the future sucks.

If you want to watch it money has to be paid... that's PPV.....
I see what you're trying to to say but that's not completely accurate. By that same rationale it's always been PPV. You have to buy a TV and pay for electric and/or have cable to get ESPN for games in the past so it's always been PPV.

It is in the eyes of pro sports, that’s for sure.

Unfortunately, streaming is still quite unreliable for a large number of people who would otherwise watch a game on an antenna for free.

Streaming is how the NFL plans to take things fully global (because that’s where there are untapped mega billions). They will continue to expand the global games and I’d imagine streaming-only will expand to eventually include things like the Super Bowl.

The Amazon Prime games were atrocious. The interface was bad and I lost connection a number of times due to an issue with the prime app.

It’s the future - but sometimes the future sucks.
It’s not just pro sports, but TV in general.
Even if you look at the most popular shows at the moment, it’s streaming. Or they get the majority of their viewers are from streaming.

If you want to watch it money has to be paid... that's PPV.....
By that rationale, everything on NFLN, Prime, ESPN is all PPV. The only games not technically PPV are broadcast channels OTA.

I get it tho. Having to add another streaming sub for NFL games is meh, but it is what it is. Still far cheaper than Sunday ticket and you can pause the sub when not using it.

Peacock is a freemium streaming service. Most of their sports are free since they get ad revenue from the event anyway. I remember this discussion when MNF went to ESPN.
—————
For sports fans on a budget, you'll be happy to know that NBC Sports is available on the free tier of Peacock. You won't need to pay anything to catch the latest events in sports. And as an added benefit, free account Peacock users even get access to select content from the WWE Network.

Peacock is a freemium streaming service. Most of their sports are free since they get ad revenue from the event anyway. I remember this discussion when MNF went to ESPN.
—————
For sports fans on a budget, you'll be happy to know that NBC Sports is available on the free tier of Peacock. You won't need to pay anything to catch the latest events in sports. And as an added benefit, free account Peacock users even get access to select content from the WWE Network.
Some of that has changed though. A lot of their previously free content has moved under their premium services, so you're usually better off getting the basic tier service.

It's not PPV. You have to have Prime to watch, but you only need to have an active subscription. You don't need to purchase the game itself. That's included in the sub.
I agree. I didn’t clarify. The point is that you used to be able to turn on the TV set and watch pretty much anything you want for free. You still had to watch the commercial because that is how TV was able to pay for it self.

But this is something totally different. This is like a drug deal. You get the victim hooked on the drug. Then you start charging for the Drug. I would think that most people would understand that this is certainly not honorable.

To me, this is a symptom of people who have become selfish and self centered. Organizations, like the NFL, are made up of people. So it is no surprise the organizations become selfish and self centered.

Honesty and self centered mix like water and gasoline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom