Pelicans, Brandon Ingram will 'play it out,' David Griffin says, as trade would be 'mechanically complicated' (1 Viewer)

I know some have expressed concern about a discontented BI bringing down the locker room, but I don't think CJ or Murray would let that happen. Either or both would take him aside and give him a verbal enema if necessary

One of the key quotes from the above is that BI wants to be here. Everything official has stated that, everything else has been pure speculation. He wants to stay, but he wants his max contract more.

Griff said:
So I think from a relationship standpoint, we've been really clear we'd prefer Brandon stays with us and Brandon's been pretty clear he prefers to stay with us.

One of the key quotes from the above is that BI wants to be here. Everything official has stated that, everything else has been pure speculation. He wants to stay, but he wants his max contract more.
David has to say that to retain any semblance of leverage over teams trying to charge us 3 1st round picks for a center.

He only wants us because we are the only team that can offer a full max. That's it. He turned down an extension last year for this very reason. He's trying to shop around the league for a max.

He hasn't played a like a MAX player should, but only wants to stay for a MAX contract.

If things were really that simple. He have taken a 1+1 to try drum up his value again next year... But he doesn't want to stay here anymore than he's already contractually obligated to stay here unless it's at a rate that other aren't able to pay.

He's going to leave here and take that pay cut to play elsewhere. It's not even like we are low balling him ugly. The offer we've given him is still an overpay imo.

We’ve had players turn down max contracts so idc if that’s the reason he want to stay as long as he here he got my support honestly I feel this narrative about him was pushed because of his refusal to do interviews some guys just want to hoop some want the fame

We’ve had players turn down max contracts so idc if that’s the reason he want to stay as long as he here he got my support honestly I feel this narrative about him was pushed because of his refusal to do interviews some guys just want to hoop some want the fame
We had none of our FA ever turn down a Max contract in the existence of the franchise. I'm pretty sure we haven't offered a FA Max to a player either.

We had none of our FA ever turn down a Max contract in the existence of the franchise. I'm pretty sure we haven't offered a FA Max to a player either.
Idk about specifics down to the tee but obvious is Demarcus cousins and ad had big contract offers and said no and I’m sure Chris Paul too hell I’m sure they offered all the big names in my lifetime nice contracts and they left Idk if max or not but I know they left and had long careers for the most part

Baron Davis
Jr smith
Chris Paul
Ad
Demarcus cousins

Idk about specifics down to the tee but obvious is Demarcus cousins and ad had big contract offers and said no and I’m sure Chris Paul too hell I’m sure they offered all the big names in my lifetime nice contracts and they left Idk if max or not but I know they left and had long careers for the most part

Baron Davis
Jr smith
Chris Paul
Ad
Demarcus cousins
Cousins offer was 2 years/$40 million. That is far from a max deal. Do not recall ever offering a FA a max contract. CP and AD requested trades after getting previous max contracts.

Cousins offer was 2 years/$40 million. That is far from a max deal. Do not recall ever offering a FA a max contract. CP and AD requested trades after getting previous max contracts.
What was the max back then inform me and ad could’ve signed the Supermax Ian tryna debate over little details my point is plenty of players left as soon as the opportunity showed up atleast the ones with talent

Ingram more than any other player we’ve had has showed he wants to be here only thing that goes against it is outside reporting and certain podcast that want to push Trey because him and his dad does interviews with them you can disagree but those are my thoughts

Eric Gordon tried to leave we forced him to stay lol points is you will be hard pressed to find talent who openly wants to stay here they all leave well before the end of their careers

Ingram hasn't given any indication he doesn't want to be here. He also wants his money, as any of us should in his situation (yes, even though he has made enough for many generations of children if they played their cards right). We'll just have to see how this plays out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom