Pelicans, Brandon Ingram will 'play it out,' David Griffin says, as trade would be 'mechanically complicated' (1 Viewer)

Ingram hasn't given any indication he doesn't want to be here. He also wants his money, as any of us should in his situation (yes, even though he has made enough for many generations of children if they played their cards right). We'll just have to see how this plays out.
Paid Zion never played 1 playoff game but dunking pregame

Want to play Trey can’t even create his own 3 pt attempt just stand at halfcourt
Doesn’t rebound average at best on defense and can jump high

Cj I understand him getting paid because he plays through majority and shows up
But isn’t a passer at all not strong on defense a really good player but doesn’t show up in big games enough

Brandon takes too many tough shots really believes he’s Kobe but hasn’t showed the grit when it comes to injuries
But he has showed up for a playoff series
Plays lackadaisical at times with the passing although a good and willing passer

Herb is the dawg of this team literally nothing but praise for him he sticks to his game and plays his role almost to a t

We will see what djm brings hopefully this year we have more organization with the offense

If karlo or theis can be a little more reliable from three than jv I think we will have a pretty good team

Ingram more than any other player we’ve had has showed he wants to be here only thing that goes against it is outside reporting and certain podcast that want to push Trey because him and his dad does interviews with them you can disagree but those are my thoughts
You think that a podcast pushing Trey is what is causing the Pelicans to want to trade Ingram? Not his $208 million price tag? Not his fit with Zion? Not his refusal to adapt to the current NBA offense and shoot 3s? Not his apparent dislike to play with pain? Not the luxury tax?

In a vacuum, I think everyone would love to keep Ingram. He is a likable player who does not cause a lot of drama and is a very good player. However, there are many other factors in today's NBA to consider.

Last edited:
You think that a podcast pushing Trey is what is causing the Pelicans to want to trade Ingram? Not his $208 million price tag? Not his fit with Zion? Not his refusal to adapt to the current NBA offense and shoot 3s? Not his apparent dislike to play with pain? Not the luxury tax?

In a vacuum, I think everyone would love to keep Ingram. He is a likable player who does not cause a lot of drama and is a very good player. However, there are many other factors in today's NBA to consider.
Zion numbers are best with Ingram on the court they actually drop with cj added to the mix
Trey numbers are best with Brandon as well
Look it up

Who’s asking for Brandon to shoot more 3s his coach or boot krewe media and Jake Madison ?

What plays are they running for him to shoot those shots if he’s the main facilitator

Is he supposed to take step back 3s like Tatum and Luka
I hate those shots it’s some new school sht like Trey shooting from 40 instead of taking a few steps up , honestly it’s not creating gravity because we (other nba players) not guarding you way out there bro it’s not la fitness

Who played injured at the end of the year him or z ?
and he also had another injury mid season he played through

I think they should stop being cheap they can keep trying to be calculated but so far most of their calculations have been wrong when it comes to building this team around Zion and Brandon
Cj is not a point guard
They should’ve stuck with lonzo or traded him for Lauri
Devonte graham
And co temple etc never made sense
Paying Trey more than herb isn’t that wise until he proves more

He can be likable all he wants does he have the iq and the drive to get better I still just see an athletic Duncan Robinson when I watch him and Duncan is better on the move when it comes to shooting

BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

Zion numbers are best with Ingram on the court they actually drop with cj added to the mix
Trey numbers are best with Brandon as well
Look it up

Who’s asking for Brandon to shoot more 3s his coach or boot krewe media and Jake Madison ?

What plays are they running for him to shoot those shots if he’s the main facilitator

Is he supposed to take step back 3s like Tatum and Luka
I hate those shots it’s some new school sht like Trey shooting from 40 instead of taking a few steps up , honestly it’s not creating gravity because we (other nba players) not guarding you way out there bro it’s not la fitness

Who played injured at the end of the year him or z ?
and he also had another injury mid season he played through

I think they should stop being cheap they can keep trying to be calculated but so far most of their calculations have been wrong when it comes to building this team around Zion and Brandon
Cj is not a point guard
They should’ve stuck with lonzo or traded him for Lauri
Devonte graham
And co temple etc never made sense
Paying Trey more than herb isn’t that wise until he proves more

He can be likable all he wants does he have the iq and the drive to get better I still just see an athletic Duncan Robinson when I watch him and Duncan is better on the move when it comes to shooting
So if you are right and BI is worth the money, why didn't any other team want him? What do you know that the entire NBA doesn't?

So if you are right and BI is worth the money, why didn't any other team want him? What do you know that the entire NBA doesn't?
lol you know how many stupid things happen in every sport I know you going to just have some kind of rebuttal but look at this
Tom Brady 7th round
Kobe Bryant 13th pick
Carmelo after darko
Remember what we gave Solomon hill
Atlanta picked Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams
Brooklyn traded for Kevin Garnett and Paul pierce which turned into Jalen brown
Denver traded Donovan Mitchell for Trey Lyles.

David griffin already said the new cba makes moves difficult right now
But when the season starts we can all come back to these conversations and if y’all are right I will admit it but if I am right just remember how much you and all the media guys know

Show me the stats that say Brandon Ingram and Zion don’t work they won 49 games last year and before either one got hurt they were winning but hey we all got our own opinion bring me facts to back yours besides what you hear and think you saw

Show me the stats that say Brandon Ingram and Zion don’t work they won 49 games last year and before either one got hurt they were winning but hey we all got our own opinion bring me facts to back yours besides what you hear and think you saw
Because our top 2 five man rotations are a net negative that logged almost 600 minutes.

Our best two 5 man lineup with 100 minutes logged... Don't have Zion and Ingram together.

Because our top 2 five man rotations are a net negative that logged almost 600 minutes.

Our best two 5 man lineup with 100 minutes logged... Don't have Zion and Ingram together.
What are the two lineups and where is the info so I can verify if you don’t mind friend ,

Who’s to say cj isn’t the problem in those lineups opposed to Brandon

I just don’t see getting rid of Ingram as the solution for what’s wrong with this team

lol you know how many stupid things happen in every sport I know you going to just have some kind of rebuttal but look at this
Tom Brady 7th round
Kobe Bryant 13th pick
Carmelo after darko
Remember what we gave Solomon hill
Atlanta picked Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams
Brooklyn traded for Kevin Garnett and Paul pierce which turned into Jalen brown
Denver traded Donovan Mitchell for Trey Lyles.

David griffin already said the new cba makes moves difficult right now
But when the season starts we can all come back to these conversations and if y’all are right I will admit it but if I am right just remember how much you and all the media guys know
So unless you got receipts saying you knew before or when those things occurred, it isn't relevant to my point and doesn't answer what I asked

So unless you got receipts saying you knew before or when those things occurred, it isn't relevant to my point and doesn't answer what I asked
Well you insinuated that they know everything and I just showed you a bunch of examples of them not knowing squat so you can refute what I provided but I honestly don’t care because in reality a lot of times front offices make bad moves

What proof do you have that no teams wanted him what if their offers weren’t sufficient enough for our front office we will see come season time bro lol
And no matter if you believe him or not David griffin has Been consistent on him wanting Brandon here and that matter more than what reporters report or podcasters say

Well you insinuated that they know everything and I just showed you a bunch of examples of them not knowing squat so you can refute what I provided but I honestly don’t care because in reality a lot of times front offices make bad moves

What proof do you have that no teams wanted him what if their offers weren’t sufficient enough for our front office we will see come season time bro lol
And no matter if you believe him or not David griffin has Been consistent on him wanting Brandon here and that matter more than what reporters report or podcasters say
The few misses aren't statistically relevant. And there is a massive difference between evaluating a potential draft pick and someone you have 6 years of professional level film on

And of course DG said that. He would say that whether it's true or not. To say otherwise would only further limit the little leverage he had. Also, in the event no deal occurs you don't want to give the player in question even more reason to be disgruntled. That's basic negotiation tactics

The few misses aren't statistically relevant. And there is a massive difference between evaluating a potential draft pick and someone you have 6 years of professional level film on

And of course DG said that. He would say that whether it's true or not. To say otherwise would only further limit the little leverage he had. Also, in the event no deal occurs you don't want to give the player in question even more reason to be disgruntled. That's basic negotiation tactics
lol Yeah ok bro what about Dallas with Brunson man teams mess up in every category but as said previously the proof will be shown on the court who’s right and who’s wrong I just can’t wait for it to unfold

A. Trades aren't unilateral.
B. The Pelicans want/need something very specific in return while not being able to go past the 1st apron.
C. Other teams have their own limitations with the new CBA.
D. Neither side is in any rush to do anything.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom