Penning and or the scheme looked much better tonight. (1 Viewer)

Penning was absolutely gassed on the sideline in the 2nd quarter. I know i would be too but 2nd quarter? Maybe he is out of shape since being injured in offseason too. I known for sure he was solely responsible for 4 sacks or pressures in the first half. I quit counting once we started getting the ball down field.

All I know is if I see our FB release instead of staying in to block in a 2 min drill when our offensive line is getting abused I may vomit.
Last week they stayed in to block, I didn’t pay as much attention this week because I was focused on what kinds of routes we were running against this defense.

Our line breached everywhere tonight. Everyone from Ram, Ruiz, Hurst, McCoy, and Penning got beat at some point tonight. We cleaned it up in the second half and finished strong.
Without the benefit of the all-22 and just going on watching the game while deep into the beer fridge, Penning was the least of our O-line problems tonight.

Penning was getting beat most of the game. If I remember, they made adjustments to get him help, but that opened other holes.
Yes still got beat some but did some good things also. Hurst and Ruiz were horrible. Ruiz hit handles one on one by a LB. I’m not a fan of hurst and Ruiz being starting guards so far. I’d kick the tires on Lael Collins mainly at guard and consider whether Peat is any better than hurst or ruiz

Point them forward and they seem to do OK but got shoved around in pass protection. That Carolina surface is funky though - lot of sliding around, favoring the player moving. I don't understand why someone would have an outdoor stadium and not have grass. Anyone else kick themself for feeling any sense of envy at all for Carolina having Throckmorton? Forgot all about him until I saw the back of his jersey.

Last edited:
Penning found out about "old man strength" tonight when Justin Houston bull rushed him straight back into Carr.

To be fair, he played slightly better tonight but slightly better than last week's dumpster fire isn't a glowing review. If he doesn't start settling in I'm all in favor him him settling in on the bench and slide Hurst back to LT and Peat back at LG because this line is worse than last years at this point getting whooped by 4-man pressures.

Point them forward and they seem to do OK but got shoved around in pass protection. That Carolina surface is funky though - lot of sliding around, favoring the player moving. I don't understand why someone would have an outdoor stadium and not have grass. Anyone else kick themself for feeling any sense of envy at all for Carolina having Throckmorton? Forgot all about him until I saw the back of his jersey.
They can have Throckmorton. For as bad as the guys we had out there were getting beat, that dude was even worse than that. Good riddance.

As for the turf, they now have a MLS team that shares the stadium. With how bad that grass surface would usually be chewed up by late-October with just the football team, I could only imagine how much worse it'd be if it was getting used twice as frequent. Carolina fans aren't fans of the turf either though.

Penning found out about "old man strength" tonight when Justin Houston bull rushed him straight back into Carr.

To be fair, he played slightly better tonight but slightly better than last week's dumpster fire isn't a glowing review. If he doesn't start settling in I'm all in favor him him settling in on the bench and slide Hurst back to LT and Peat back at LG because this line is worse than last years at this point getting whooped by 4-man pressures.

They can have Throckmorton. For as bad as the guys we had out there were getting beat, that dude was even worse than that. Good riddance.

As for the turf, they now have a MLS team that shares the stadium. With how bad that grass surface would usually be chewed up by late-October with just the football team, I could only imagine how much worse it'd be if it was getting used twice as frequent. Carolina fans aren't fans of the turf either though.
Speaking of bull rush how about a linebacker steamrolling Ruiz? Yuck.

While Penning got beat again on an inside move and Ruiz got humiliated by a linebacker, the biggest problem with the offensive line was playing as a team in pass protection. They are bad at picking up blitzes and really bad at picking up stunts.

Given the really bad protection, I don't understand why they insist on dropping Carr straight back every time. They need to change the launch point from play to play and not allow the defense to tee off on one spot. That should give a bit more time for something to develop downfield.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom