Pete Werner? (1 Viewer)

SteveNBFD

Rookie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about him? I know are LB’s are playing well but I haven’t seen him or even heard his name. Just curious

He was in on special teams and came in at LB in the 4th quarter once our starters were pulled.

Won’t be hearing too much about Werner right now with Davis, Alexander, and Elliss all playing lights out. #56 and #5 will be the primary LBs most of the time, and Baun and Werner are occasionally rotating in vs the run and opp offense’s 3 TE sets

The linebackers have been playing well I totally forgot about him.
Honestly, the linebackers did their job so well yesterday that they were hardly even mentioned during the game. The Packers couldn't run and then gave up on the run, while the DBs AND LBs held up in coverage. It was great to see the reworked LB corp not let backs and tight ends leak out into the flats or run those shallow crossing routes for easy, dump off completions.

I was not surprised by the OL and DL whipping the Packers up front, but the play of the LBs was surprising to me. I didn't believe what I saw in the preseason was real. Christian McCaffrey will be a really big test next week.

Last edited:
He got special teams snaps.

I saw kaden ellis early but not later in the game. I guess he is swapped for an extra db. I didnt see werner at all

Werner was injured 2nd half of TC, which put him behind. That and the aquisition of Kwan mean less playing time for Werner.

Second-round draft pick linebacker Pete Werner was active and logged six special teams snaps.

Think it's going to be a redshirt year for Werner, barring injuries. Kwon and Demario have the primary spots locked up in our heavy nickel package and Ellis and Baun are the primary back ups, both of whom have looked great in limited action. Good to have quality depth at the position--for once...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom