Pete Werner? (1 Viewer)

He was in on special teams and came in at LB in the 4th quarter once our starters were pulled.

Won’t be hearing too much about Werner right now with Davis, Alexander, and Elliss all playing lights out. #56 and #5 will be the primary LBs most of the time, and Baun and Werner are occasionally rotating in vs the run and opp offense’s 3 TE sets
I thought that Baun played better in preseason than did Elliss. Not complaining though.

Didn't see Werner listed in the snap counts? Maybe you were seeing Heath? Big surprise Adebo in on 100% of D snaps.
Thanks for this. I really like seeing Cam Jordan on only 58% of snaps. A few years ago he played +90% and worn down as a season went. Tanoh’s play was a pleasant surprise.

It’s good to see Baun and Dowell getting snaps early in a season.

One of those position groups where you only notice them if they do something wrong. Overall everyone was good in coverage

I thought that Baun played better in preseason than did Elliss. Not complaining though.
I thought Baun did too. He looked fast and was getting to ballcarriers quick in preseason, either back to back plays or every other play in one series iirc. Elliss made some plays too, but Baun stood out more vs Baltimore.

Must be more that they see in practice from Elliss because I hope it’s not seniority. Elliss only has one year more than Baun and spent 2019 on IR

Werner can take his time and get acclimated… the LB corps is as deep as it’s been in… forever. Let him get his feet wet and adjust to the speed of the game and the defensive concepts. I am excited about his future, but the depth affords them some time.

Now the Saints 1st round pick (Payton Turner) … That’s a different story.
That young man has to get ready now.
With the pec issue for Davenport, the Saints need Turner to at least provide some solid rotational depth on the DL. Hopefully he’s fully healthy and ready to contribute!

…The Panties O-line is a perfect opponent to have a coming-out party against.

I saw kaden ellis early but not later in the game. I guess he is swapped for an extra db. I didnt see werner at all
Elliss did get the final turnover of the game in the 4th.

I did ask about Werner in another thread cause I didn't see him either.

He was in on special teams and came in at LB in the 4th quarter once our starters were pulled.

Won’t be hearing too much about Werner right now with Davis, Alexander, and Elliss all playing lights out. #56 and #5 will be the primary LBs most of the time, and Baun and Werner are occasionally rotating in vs the run and opp offense’s 3 TE sets
Elliss and Baun had the same amount of snaps; so i wouldnt say the play is to occasionally rotate Baun.

Elliss only stat of the day was that recovered fumble. IMO Baun out played him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom