Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (6 Viewers)

Yep, there are Chic Fila's all over now, but the closest Popeyes from my house is a twenty minute drive (which sucks but is also probably for the best).
I remember a time when the only way we could get Chick-Fil-A was at the food court in the mall. Now there are stand-alone stores everywhere.

I just had one....:exocet:

It was typical Popeye's, had to wait for it and "pull forward" at the drive through. Planned on going in but there was no place to park, so I went drive through. Evidently it's all the rage, it's the most people I've seen at that particular Popeye's... Girl that brought it out said most were there for the sandwich..

I do like CFL's spicy sandwich, but the Popeye's sandwich took it up a notch. Breast was moist, and the bun wasn't the typical little cheap hamburger bun CFL uses.

Highly recommend...

In the comments they are saying how lines are out of the restaurant. Guess the twitter fighting is working :hihi:

I remember a time when the only way we could get Chick-Fil-A was at the food court in the mall. Now there are stand-alone stores everywhere.
Me too! The Chic Fil A at Cortana Mall was the only one I remember from when I was a kid.

My Sophomore year at McNeese they got one in the damn cafeteria area. I was 18 and had a meal card with 600 bucks on it for the semester. My waistline has never been the same since. They need to warn incoming students about this shirt. :jpshakehead:

My Sophomore year at McNeese they got one in the damn cafeteria area. I was 18 and had a meal card with 600 bucks on it for the semester. My waistline has never been the same since. They need to warn incoming students about this shirt. :jpshakehead:

Come on, freshman 15 is not a myth.... :hihi:

Well in your case it may have been sophomore 17... :idunno:

Come on, freshman 15 is not a myth.... :hihi:

Well in your case it may have been sophomore 17... :idunno:

I think I actually lost weight my freshman year because we were required to eat in the cafeteria that featured "home made" type food that you had to eat there and couldn't bring back to your dorm. I was not exactly a social butterfly and that food was defiantly not my moms "home made" food. :hihi:

But boy did it catch up when I graduated to the "food court" style dining option that next year. Taco bell and Chic Fila whenever you want?!?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I tried it because of the absurd amount of social media hype on Saturday. It was a good sandwich. Nice, big, crispy fried filet of chicken, good spicy sauce, thick pickles, soft bread. I don't know that it's better than just getting a 3 piece spicy breast wing and thigh but it was a good sandwich.

I only get the nuggets at Chick-Fil-A so I don't really have a good basis for comparison.

Me too! The Chic Fil A at Cortana Mall was the only one I remember from when I was a kid.
The first CFA I remember was in Belle Promenade mall. When they first opened they would have someone standing by the store entrance giving out free samples of nuggets. That's how they got me hooked.

As for the Popeye's sandwich...I can't wait to try it, but no way would I fight the crowds some are describing. I would just wait for the hype to die down. It is definitely on my list when I return to NOLA in October.

Now is probably a good time to go to CFL. I usually avoid it because the drive through line stretches out into the street. But if Popeyes is drawing some of the crowds away from it...

fork. living downtown baton rouge, there isn't a decent popeye's near here. i have to go to walker for the best out here. i hate driving. anyone willing to chauffeur me out there?

fork. living downtown baton rouge, there isn't a decent popeye's near here. i have to go to walker for the best out here. i hate driving. anyone willing to chauffeur me out there?
Isn't there a Popeyes on Government Street near Foster? That' s not too far from downtown -- or is that franchise considered "indecent"?
Now is probably a good time to go to CFL. I usually avoid it because the drive through line stretches out into the street. But if Popeyes is drawing some of the crowds away from it...
My Dad lives near McComb. He says that from about 5-7pm the Popeyes drive-thru line extends into the main drag (Delaware Ave.?), and it's not unusual for cops to be out directing traffic.

Isn't there a Popeyes on Government Street near Foster? That' s not too far from downtown -- or is that franchise considered "indecent"?

My Dad lives near McComb. He says that from about 5-7pm the Popeyes drive-thru line extends into the main drag (Delaware Ave.?), and it's not unusual for cops to be out directing traffic.
i rarely go down government. i see it is by brcc, close to jefferson. i will give it a go.

In the comments they are saying how lines are out of the restaurant. Guess the twitter fighting is working :hihi:

That and... Its actually a really good sandwich. I was leery of all the publicity it's getting right now but wife told me to get her one. I had to go.

Like someone else said, In-N-Out burger was kinda disappointing considering how people rave about them. Thought this would be the same, but I actually think it's a good chicken sandwich. I've always opted for the tenders at Chick-fil-a because the sandwich isn't really good...at all. So I'm not surprised that people like it compared to that. I'm shocked that so many people do get the chicken sandwich there. I thought most folks opted for the 8 or 12 piece, who knew.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom