Post-game tweets LA @ NO (2 Viewers)

Hmm, why do you say the OL is a concern? The Bucs OL situation is concerning. I wouldn't use that word to describe the Saints.
Hurst is injured, Penning is growing/inconsistent and now injured, Ruiz has underachieved his entire career, and Peat is perpetually injured. Ramczyk and McCoy are really the only reliable pieces of our OL in my eyes. I can’t see how anyone can’t say that the OL isn’t our most concerning group. The Bucs are definitely in worse shape, but that doesn’t make the fact of our OL having some concerns any less true

I can’t see how anyone can’t say that the OL isn’t our most concerning group.
You can mitigate a bad offensive line with certain sets/chips/etc. LB is a much bigger weakness behind Demario. If Werner doesn't get healthy, it's going to be a long season for that group.

Hurst is injured, Penning is growing/inconsistent and now injured, Ruiz has underachieved his entire career, and Peat is perpetually injured. Ramczyk and McCoy are really the only reliable pieces of our OL in my eyes. I can’t see how anyone can’t say that the OL isn’t our most concerning group. The Bucs are definitely in worse shape, but that doesn’t make the fact of our OL having some concerns any less true

I think I'm just hung up on your use of the word concerning to describe the OL. Are there questions, sure, however, the Saints have a solid OL. I'm confident in the starting OL.

-Hurst is injured however I have not heard anything that would suggest he would not be back by week 1.
-Penning is a rookie that has gotten better week by week. He's an incredible run blocker that is developing as a pass blocker. He's injured but we don't know the prognosis.
-Ruiz has played well all pre-season. He looks promising heading into the season.
-Peat is perpetually injured however he's been solid.

You can mitigate a bad offensive line with certain sets/chips/etc. LB is a much bigger weakness behind Demario. If Werner doesn't get healthy, it's going to be a long season for that group.
The Saints typically run with two LBs. So they really need to find one other guy to play along side DD. Yes, LB could use some help. But I’d rather one question mark at a starting position at LB, than three on the OL. LB is important…don’t get me wrong but our DL keeps our LBs clean. This can still be an elite defense with a Shanle like guy opposite of DD. Our entire offense is reliant on the health and ability of our OL.

I made as much fun of Jameis as anybody for that eating a W thing and I would like to formally extend this, you know, completely off the cuff apology to him: I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom