Potential HC Openings (And Where The Saints Rank) (1 Viewer)

Just my .02 but I think Vrabel is safe in TEN--and if he goes anywhere it would be NE.
Daboll is probably fine for another year with NYG, too.
There are still a chunk of games that can change things yet though too.
I think people overrate the Chargers HC job in general, obviously Herbert does change the math/situation, but that is a notoriously bad ownership situation.
Chicago might be the best situation--given the draft capital they have.
we need an alpha stud dude that has the ability to physically challenge the team. Someone that identifies with them, emotional, but also hard core team first. Get the team to buy in. And let the coach challenge the team on a personal level to win their individual match ups, when the team is undermanned due to the salary cap. A rah rah guy to weather the storm.

Everyone says Belichick is getting fired/traded/quitting/whatever but I'm not sure I buy that. I think he and ownership are both in on the tank. They know Mac's not the guy, especially in today's NFL, and they know to have the best chance of getting their guy, they have to be in the top 5, not top 15/20. All the smoke about Kraft/Belichick wanting to part doesn't really add up considering the contract extension, my friend who is a die hard Patriots fan :sick: says a lot of the fans believe Belichick is intentionally tanking.

I think the job openings:

1. Chicago. Two top 5 picks, $60m in cap, all their best players still under contract. A dream for a new HC.
2. Chargers. Herbert and a very talented team. Owners suck though.
3. New Orleans. I think of the job openings I feel 100% confident in happening, the Saints are in third place if Loomis does the right thing and fires Allen and Carmichael. The cap is a mess, but there is young talent on both sides of the balls and if they give their new HC some guarantees for the first two or three seasons, he can rebuild and not feel pressure.
4. ?
?? etc.

Carolina will always be dead last, regardless of other openings. Terrible owner, no first round pick, and a roster devoid of talent.
I'm not sure the Chicago job will be open, as the coach is in his second year, and he inherited Fields.
I think a young Bryce Young may be more attractive than an old Carr for an offensive coach. Granted, I think we have more talent on offense. I think Washington will be available and is more attractive than us or Carolina.

I'm not sure the Chicago job will be open, as the coach is in his second year, and he inherited Fields.
I think a young Bryce Young may be more attractive than an old Carr for an offensive coach. Granted, I think we have more talent on offense. I think Washington will be available and is more attractive than us or Carolina.

The Chicago fans I know are saying (hoping?) that the GM is going to fire Eberflus, and that he's remained mostly silent because why interrupt a good tanking. We'll see what happens in Chicago, but right now most of the smoke from the insiders is Eberflus is a goner.

Personally I think it would be a brilliant move for Chicago to fire Eberflus and outbid everyone for Ben Johnson. Makes their team a lot better while also directly weakening a division rival.

The Chicago fans I know are saying (hoping?) that the GM is going to fire Eberflus, and that he's remained mostly silent because why interrupt a good tanking. We'll see what happens in Chicago, but right now most of the smoke from the insiders is Eberflus is a goner.

Personally I think it would be a brilliant move for Chicago to fire Eberflus and outbid everyone for Ben Johnson. Makes their team a lot better while also directly weakening a division rival.
Yeah I think the key domino will be IF they decide to move on from GM Pace.
Because if they do, then they are assuredly starting fresh with the coach and I could see them going after a sub GM level DET exec (their drafts have been impressive lately) and making a big push for Ben Johnson.

Right now, Carolina and Vegas are the only job openings at the moment.
But in the coming weeks a few more will be opening.
NY Jets
NE Patriots
Tennessee
LA Chargers
NY Giants
Washington
Chicago
Tampa Bay
New Orleans

11 openings total.
In my opinion, the Chargers are the top job because of Herbert. After that, it’s prettier much up for grabs in my opinion.
Washington and NY are always attractive given the NFCE, but I think having to face Hurts and Dak on a consistent basis could deter some.
I do think the Saints job is somewhat attractive given that the division is nearly up for grabs in the long term.
And I know it’s crazy to say, but I think a young offensive minded coach would come here to try and break Payton’s records here.
The Jets, Titans, Tampa and Pats (barring Belichick retirement) aren't planning change with their HCs.

Several of the others will depend on if the coaches in years 2 or 3 are given more time.

I'd expect the usual 5 or so vacancies to open up.

Right now, Carolina and Vegas are the only job openings at the moment.
But in the coming weeks a few more will be opening.
NY Jets
NE Patriots
Tennessee
LA Chargers
NY Giants
Washington
Chicago
Tampa Bay
New Orleans

11 openings total.
In my opinion, the Chargers are the top job because of Herbert. After that, it’s prettier much up for grabs in my opinion.
Washington and NY are always attractive given the NFCE, but I think having to face Hurts and Dak on a consistent basis could deter some.
I do think the Saints job is somewhat attractive given that the division is nearly up for grabs in the long term.
And I know it’s crazy to say, but I think a young offensive minded coach would come here to try and break Payton’s records here.
Smith @Falclowns might be in danger as well

Smith @Falclowns might be in danger as well
He's in contention for the division title and building a roster that needs a proper QB and/or further improved defence. Seems like they could be the Mike Vrabel / Titans of the NFC South.

As said above there won’t be as many as 11, I’d be shocked if the Jets, Giants and Titans fired their coaches. Anyhow, the following should all be interviewed for the Saints position:

Ben Johnson
Frank Smith
Bobby Slowik
Eric Bieniemy (again)
Shane Waldron
Mike MacDonald

Would love Ben Johnson but working on the assumption he goes to the Chargers or Bears, I think Frank Smith makes a ton of sense. He’s obviously coached here before and has been around some elite offensive minds. I get the not calling plays concern but I guess the whole point of an interview is to ascertain whether he’s capable of running an offense and leading a whole team. A Johnson or Smith HC hiring paired with the drafting of Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels would be ideal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom