Random thoughts following the BEAT-DOWN of the Giants... (2 Viewers)

I wish people would stop getting on Robinson. He's had two forgettable games this year. He's been 10x better than Porter so give the guy a break.

I saw a hungry team out there with a certain look in their eyes. I believe they are willing to make every sacrifice to keep winning. The team that's willing to take the most pain is usually the winner.

Our defense is not real talented, but they play harder and harder as the game wears on, which is designed to break their opponents. Giants got the 12 mile stare early, so we didn't get to see it last night.

I wish people would stop getting on Robinson. He's had two forgettable games this year. He's been 10x better than Porter so give the guy a break.

I'm impressed with his PRob's tackling. He wraps up most of the time and makes violent tackles.

Good list, DWD. I was wondering about Tez too. I guess GW has decided he's not ready for prime time this season.

- referee throwing a flag on Will Smith for "roughing the passer" was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in my life.

- Our offensive line is godly when they play and work together. The label our guards have acquired -- best tandem in the league -- really showed up last night.

- whatever play or scheme designed for our defensive backs to play fifteen to twenty yards off the L.O.S. needs to be eliminated immediately. Manning changed the play to a quick screen or slant almost every time he saw that coverage on the field. Strangely though, not to Greer's side.

-
- whatever play or scheme designed for our defensive backs to play fifteen to twenty yards off the L.O.S. needs to be eliminated immediately. Manning changed the play to a quick screen or slant almost every time he saw that coverage on the field. Strangely though, not to Greer's side.

That's part of GW's scheme to keep everything in front of the D and not give up quick points. He figures Brees can outscore the other team, so we just have to make them work for their points, giving up the short stuff underneath but not the big play and, hopefully, forcing a mistake along the way (like a turnover). We can get away with that in games against teams like the Giants, who have very little D, but will it work in the playoffs? I guess we'll see.

Devrey had a good game too. all our skill players looked great (except Meachem)

Patrick Robinson was good in college because of his raw talent, not because of skill. You can't depend on athletic ability alone in the NFL because everyone is athletic. I wish we would not have picked him up!

The defense seems to have gelled finally. They're not great but the confusion is mostly gone and people are making the plays they should be making. Our play calls on the other hand still need some tweaking. It's not that we're blitzing too much, it's that we're blitzing incorrectly. We're sending predictable blitzes that are being easily handled by the O-Line calls. What we need to start doing is showing blitz, backing out into coverage and sending 1 blitzer on a slight delay up the middle.

Ramon Humber actually started the game for the Saints defense last night... I don't know if we opened in the 3-4 or what, but he made the 1st tackle of the game for us. Did he start at WILL over Casillas?

Also, where the heck did this guy come from? I know he's been on and off the team for a couple of seasons now, but how did he all of the sudden move into a starting (or at least contributing meaningful snaps) role in our defense?

He's built like a WILL, but the guy has been a STer during his entire career... What does his increased role on the defense mean?

Are they viewing Casillas as a 1-trick pony? Has Humber really flashed in practice?

...and what the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is going on with Martez Wilson?

NFL Videos: Saints defense, 4th down failed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom