Reading between the lines of Alvin Kamara’s commitment to the Saints (16 Viewers)

Kamara makes more than King Henry.
That's insane lol
Its interesting because that's not the Saints fault, and doens't make the Kamara signing bad. What happened is multiple GM's didn't have a correct assessment of Henry in FA and so the Ravens got him at a discount because not many other teams were competing for his services.

Trust me there are more GM's kicking themselves at that improper evaluation than there are GM's scrutinizing Kamara's contract. It's safer than the 49ers paying McCaffrey, who's history of high usage dating back to college should have been enough to cause caution.. Kamara doesn't have the mileage on him that CMC has.

Its interesting because that's not the Saints fault, and doens't make the Kamara signing bad. What happened is multiple GM's didn't have a correct assessment of Henry in FA and so the Ravens got him at a discount because not many other teams were competing for his services.

Trust me there are more GM's kicking themselves at that improper evaluation than there are GM's scrutinizing Kamara's contract. It's safer than the 49ers paying McCaffrey, who's history of high usage dating back to college should have been enough to cause caution.. Kamara doesn't have the mileage on him that CMC has.

The Ravens once again showing how good their front office and talent evaluation is.

Didn't say it was.
I'm just speaking in general on the situation. Ravens are getting a bargain out of Henry's production.

Lots of teams won one ring but they are hardly elite. Elite is the run New England had and the run K.C. is having now. Anyway, to the extent we were elite at some point it was because of on field results and having a HoF QB and HoF head coach. The front office was the same as it is now. So either you have to admit that we were only elite due to QB and HC or admit that the front office we have now is elite. Personally I think we have a mid-level front office with a bad coach and mediocre QB.

And yes, we don't have the historical legacy of Pitt or the Giants. But, honestly what NFL organizations are elite? Even the ones we think of as elite only win Championships when they have a franchise QB and a great coach. And few, manage to do that past one QB and one coach without a large gap in between. Green Bay did it with Favre and Rodgers is one exception. But even with Love they have been mediocre for the last few years.
So elite means multiple rings in your view? I disagree, I feel like if you're in the hunt consistently over a 5 year period that's the goal of most teams. Obviously, if only win one ring that's disappointing. In the past 20 years how many teams have multiple rings under the same regime? I can only think of 3. NE, the Giants and KC. That's beyond elite in my view.

We need to outsource medical services. I actually had the opportunity to go behind the scenes within a professional NFL analytics team for a month…and frankly, there is no way the Saints are competitive right now.
Are you able to elaborate on this at all? I’m curious as to what specific analytics you were able to review and how we fared compared to other teams.

So elite means multiple rings in your view? I disagree, I feel like if you're in the hunt consistently over a 5 year period that's the goal of most teams. Obviously, if only win one ring that's disappointing. In the past 20 years how many teams have multiple rings under the same regime? I can only think of 3. NE, the Giants and KC. That's beyond elite in my view.

Yes, I think it takes multiple rings to be elite. I'm not even sure what beyond elite means. Teams that win one and stay in the hunt for a long time are just good organizations.

I think the Saints organization is somewhere in the upper middle as a good organization with their success for 15 or 20 years and one ring.

He's 29 and now the second highest paid running back in a very soft market for the position. I'm sure he likes being here and all, but lets not pretend like that money didn't play a part in it. I don't see him getting that much as a free agent based on his age and recent production.
The market is not as soft for the position as some would say. The wide open offense is not prevalent these days. Teams are running the ball more

I think SF had been elite over the past 5 years. Saints fans should understand how injuries will quickly derail a season.

I didn't feel badly about their struggles during a few injured QB situations, though...

Last edited:
Kamara is a good dude I met him drunk as I dont know what, and he let me wrap my arm around to take a pic and he was like have a great night. I told him if anyone giving him trouble let me know, he never did LOL

I think he'll become, if not already, hes the best RB in a saints jersey.

I feel for DA this season look to be special but the lost of Taysom Hill and Oline put us back to last year cant keep the Off on the field and Def off the field, I dont think he can come back. Winston going rogue, a time out with 4 seconds left in the half. He always look flustered. BUT i can also see him returning because The saints biggest issue is the Team is very Loyal to a fault good or bad. It's a great quality when winning but very frustrating when losing.
I think that timeout was to let Gayle get down to the field. That Drew thing came out FAST at halftime.

I was in the restroom so that timeout is the best coaching move he’s made this season. But we talked to someone after the game that was down there and someone said they were waiting on Gayle to get go the field

it was Gayle’s timeout anyway.

They did pretty well with the picks they received (#27 and #91 in 2017, #22 the following year).

#27 Tre'Davious White
#91 traded away as part of a package for #37 Zay Jones
#149 received from above trade, traded as part of a package for #63 Dion Dawkins
#22 (2018) traded away as part of a package for #16 (2018) Tremaine Edmunds

Mahomes is worth more than all of those guys, but they got Josh Allen the next year, so I don't think they are complaining. Went from a franchise that went 20 years without a 10-win season to one that has had 10+ wins in the last five years. Definitely an example of cashing in after trading back.
They got good value out of that trade sure, but how many times have they kicked themselves when Mahomes knocked them out of the playoffs or pivotal game? Oof. If they don't make that trade, Mahomes goes to NoLA and the NfL looks a lot different today.

Kamara makes more than King Henry.
That's insane lol
Henry is a year older and has a lot more miles on those wheels than AK. That said, he's in an ideal situation with the Ravems where he's got Jackson and others in that offense and he doesn't have to carry the load every week.

Salary cap restraints doesn’t allow us to put a team with enough starter talent and depth around a mid-tier QB to consistently win.

What QB post-Mahomes should we have drafted? Jackson instead of Davenport is an easy answer with hindsight. Not sure Payton drafts Jackson first round as he isn’t a system fit. Not sure there was a single QB 2019-24 that we should have taken or had the ability to trade up and get.
Let's not pretend Lamar jackson was drafted right after the saints took Davenport. The ravens traded back into the first round to take him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom