Redneck game behavior at Eagles game (1 Viewer)

Mardiboys

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Two guys sitting a row behind me harassed 2 Eagles fans, and their kids, in the row in front of me for the entire game Saturday. The attacks were personal, and crossed the line several times. They left the wrong impression of Saints fans, and I'm sure the Eagles fans went home and spread the word about how they were mistreated. (The peabrained Saints fans were in Sec 633, R18, Seats 1&2)

I have no doubt that these peabrain Saints fans have never been to an away game at a hostile field. When you visit another team's stadium and are surrounded by thousands of their fans, you quickly learn to appreciate good sportsmanship.

Believe me, if I had to rank fans from top to bottom, the Eagles fans would be at the bottom, down there with Giants/Jets fans. I know about the history of Eagles fans being jerks. But what goes around comes around, and I would hate to sit next to those guys when our team travels to Philadelphia.

I was also ashamed of some of the Saints fans' behavior. A couple of guys were really going over the line in 628-627. There were children around. One guy held up his middle fingers to cheer the entire game, directing it to the eagles fans behind him. Another guy was getting very vulgar, insulting, and verged on violence. What were they thinking? It's just a game and though these guys had talked some trash, they were just having fun and spending money.

aw come on....only the eagles and raiders have fans with no class.....blasphemy....

considering that you didnt step in and say something to these "peabrained" Saints fans in good service, i think they have that right to say what they'll say back in Philly... next time instead of thinking of how your going to tell fellow Saints Report posters about how malicioius these fans were, step in and show them what true sportsman ship is.. if not your just as bad as they are for noticing it and doing nothing about it..

God forbid anybody insult those extremely sensitive and genuinely caring Eagles fans.

God forbid anybody insult those extremely sensitive and genuinely caring Eagles fans.

Look man, this was obvioulsy was stepping over the line. You don't harrass fans with this children. I am almost positive I saw this family (I walked through these sections before the game) and even remarked to my friend that you couldn't raz Eagles fans when they bring their little kids.

If I did in fact see the same family they were white, in their mid thirties with a boy and a girl about 8-10 years old.

I think you can jeer a little bit with Eagles fans, but there is a line that I think you definitely DON'T cross unless they do so first. I would tell the Eagles fans stuff like Who Dat and "you wasted your money today", but I never crossed the line and anyone who did is no better than the fans the Eagles are famous for.

We're all class in Sec. 602. We even have our own cheer:
602! 602! 602!
Respect

YES!!! Someone from my section. Did you see the framed Reggie Autograph they gave to that guy Pat?

There were a couple of Eagles fans 2 rows in front of me and they were rude, obnoxious little SOBs. They made rude and offensive comments and incited the surrounding drunks to nearly kill them. After the end of the first half, one of them turned around and told us that he was quite sure he was going to receive a beat down and simply deserved it for being a fool in hostile territory. Nobody threw anything, but the comments after their poor intro were pretty ruthless.

Personally, I enjoyed it and offered to sell the guy a black shirt for $50 so he could escape without harm after the game. Of course, he had a rude comment, but after the game ALL of the nearby Saints fans took turns thanking him and his buddy for visiting. It was quite a display and nipplehead took it well and screamed "Who Dat" as he was leaving -- all the way out of the building!

considering that you didnt step in and say something to these "peabrained" Saints fans in good service, i think they have that right to say what they'll say back in Philly... next time instead of thinking of how your going to tell fellow Saints Report posters about how malicioius these fans were, step in and show them what true sportsman ship is.. if not your just as bad as they are for noticing it and doing nothing about it..

:plus-un2:

There is no excuse for unsportsman like conduct by fans direct at the kids of visiting fans.

I've seen the saints at Seahawk stadium, and have lost all respect for SeaChicken fans because of the way they verbally abuse not me, but my kids. Telling them suck, fliping them off and belitting their fun in the team they have choosen.

I saw several Eagles fans, and yes, they got the ribbing they deserved, but my hats go off to the Saints fans that kept that ribbing classy.

I don't know, I didn't see any classy Eagles' fans at any time, although I don't condone that kind of treatment around kids. In the quarter before the game, early in the afternoon, we simply yelled "Who Dat" to an Eagles' fan and he shot us the bird. So, we let him have it and he backed down.

I have been to thousands of games since I was a little kid, including high school and college and pro games, all over the country, and I guess I just feel differently. To me it is more than just a game, as someone put it, football is a huge part of my life and it is for others as well. Some people go to games to seetheir team win and to do anything necessary to possibly help their team win. People should realize that. If you do not like it, don't go. It's not squash or bowling or tennis. It's a wild, violent, and sometimes destructive game. Many fans like it for that reason.

I guess I am just different than a lot of people here in that I think you should unleash your soul at the game. Now, I am not supporting violent activities or hostility but be aware that game environments can be volitile. Other fans are your brethren and fans of the opposing team are your enemy.

I remember getting into a fight with some Auburn fans in Starkville years ago. They sat in the MSU student section and started throwing insults. So we, ummmm, fought.

Now the SEC can be very volitile but the NFL can be too. I've been to several Chief and Raider games and they can get hostile.

It's part of the atmosphere.

Maybe that's just me though.

Last edited:
I have been to thousands of games since I was a little kid, including high school and college and pro games, all over the country, and I guess I just feel differently. To me it is more than just a game, as someone put it, football is a huge part of my life and it is for others as well. Some people go to games to seetheir team win and to do anything necessary to possibly help their team win. People should realize that. If you do not like it, don't go. It's not squash or bowling or tennis. It's a wild, violent, and sometimes destructive game. Many fans like it for that reason.

I guess I am just different than a lot of people here in that I think you should unleash your soul at the game. Now, I am not supporting violent activities or hostility but be aware that game environments can be volitile. Other fans are your brethren and fans of the opposing team are your enemy.

I remember getting into a fight with some Auburn fans in Starkville years ago. They sat in the MSU student section and started throwing insults. So we, ummmm, fought.

Now the SEC can be very volitile but the NFL can be too. I've been to several Chief and Raider games and they can get hostile.

It's part of the atmosphere.

Maybe that's just me though.

I will agree with you here that this is a hostile environment and it should be expected a little when going to other teams stadiums. Personally, if I wanted to go to a big game such as this (or any game for that matter) I would definitely not be bringing my little boy until he is of an age where I think he can "talk back" a little so to speak (maybe 14 or 15). Bringing a little girl and a little boy to THE biggest game in the history of your opposition is simply a little stupid to be frank. I still don't condone razing fans with kids, but this guy must have been pretty stupid to put himself in that situation.

It's kind of like someone who puts themselves in ahigh crime area at 1 in the morning and complains about being mugged. No, it wasn't right but you put yourself in that situation.

Anyone who would throw insults at a child (or parents with young children), in any situation, should be castrated. It is simply ignorant to tell someone with kids not to take them to a ball game because of the inconsiderate, immature, thuggish behavior of the minority of badly raised jerks that unfortunately still breathe.
I guess the same folks that think it's ok, probably idolize the soccer hooligans due to the press their ignorance gets them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom