Redneck game behavior at Eagles game (2 Viewers)

When did it become ok to throw things at anybody, I agree if you come into our house especially in eagle gear you should expect some harsh words, boos, football trash talk. but nobody should be afraid for their safety or have graphic crude comments hurdled at kids. We are better than that. I've been going to Saints & LSU games since I was 3 yrs old, and there have been times when I've heard some raw comments. That said, my 14 yr old stayed Saturday w/ my husband because neither one of them can appreciate how important this game was, so me & my sister in law went.

By the way,the eagles fans in section 147 were decent guys, they were high fiving and shaking hands w/ Saints on the way out wishing us luck next week.

I don't think Whodat1027 was saying you can't or shouldn't takes kids to games. But rather that you probably shouldn't take a young kid to another stadium wearing the opposing teams gear, and especially at a huge game like a playof game.

I agree with him on that. Its a shame, but I wouldn;t take a 10 year old to Philly, or really anywhere else wearinga Saints shirt for aplayoff game. ITs just too hostile.

This is exactly what I was trying to say here. In no way do I condone what these people did messing with a family of Eagles fans. I was just saying that the Eagles fan was pretty goofy to bring his little kids into that situation. At the very least they should not have been wearing their Eagles garb in order to keep low key. That is no situation to bring kids into. I would never bring my kids into the French Quarter at 1 in the morning on a saturday night then get ****** b/c my little boy sees some breasts. How stupid do you have to be to do something like this and not expect to get harassed? Obviously, you expect
Most fans of the opposing team to behave, but you have to KNOW that there will be a minority who don’t care if you have your kids with you.

This attitude would get you banned here and should get you thrown out of any stadium anywhere. It is not a free for all fight or cursing match. Anyone can attend a game anytime in any stadium and should not have to worry about some drunken idiot wanting to get in a fight or cursing at you.

And I agree, the op should have said something to the idiot Saints fans acting like that. I can tell you that it has happened in my section.

By the way, I bring my son to every game and since when were kids banned from attending a football game because of some idiots.

Please see my first post in this thread and the post just above this one. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

Two guys sitting a row behind me harassed 2 Eagles fans, and their kids, in the row in front of me for the entire game Saturday. The attacks were personal, and crossed the line several times. They left the wrong impression of Saints fans, and I'm sure the Eagles fans went home and spread the word about how they were mistreated. (The peabrained Saints fans were in Sec 633, R18, Seats 1&2)

I have no doubt that these peabrain Saints fans have never been to an away game at a hostile field. When you visit another team's stadium and are surrounded by thousands of their fans, you quickly learn to appreciate good sportsmanship.

Believe me, if I had to rank fans from top to bottom, the Eagles fans would be at the bottom, down there with Giants/Jets fans. I know about the history of Eagles fans being jerks. But what goes around comes around, and I would hate to sit next to those guys when our team travels to Philadelphia.

We sit 5 rows in front of you .I think i saw the eagles fans you are refering to. Was it a guy with a ricky watters jersey?

I just booooo, or say who dat and then laugh with them. Most fans appreciate that kind of reaction. I dont know how many Eagles fans I talked to after the game and on Bourbon that i shook their hand and they wished us well.

SECTION 633 Rocks! It is okay to raz opposing fans in good fun. I personally did a little razzing. However, I didn't and would not cross the line of making threats. This is football. This is good time trash talk, nothing malicious. Fans expect a little bit of opposition in the other team's stadium. We had a good ole time telling Eagles fans in our section that they were "gonna get cooked" or calling them "GUMBO" as they passed, "Eagle and Sausage Gumbo" that is. I even had an Eagle & Sausage gumbo sign...Did you see that? I am the really loud guy who tries to get the whole section fired up...I am the high-five king. I am the guy who screams "WE WILL NOT BE DENIED!" The Saints are a team of destiny and we have waited forty freaking years for OUR TIME. This is our time. Our section is one of the loudest in the dome. All of you who want to see a cool video shot from the dome, it is taken after Deuce's first down run...VIDEO SHOT from the neighboring section 632. The video is shot by a Saints fan called resonantfreak

Last edited:
SECTION 633 Rocks! It is okay to raz opposing fans in good fun. I personally did a little razzing. However, I didn't and would not cross the line of making threats. This is football. This is good time trash talk, nothing malicious. Fans expect a little bit of opposition in the other team's stadium. We had a good ole time telling Eagles fans in our section that they were "gonna get cooked" or calling them "GUMBO" as they passed, "Eagle and Sausage Gumbo" that is. I even had an Eagle & Sausage gumbo sign...Did you see that? I am the really loud guy who tries to get the whole section fired up...I am the high-five king. I am the guy who screams "WE WILL NOT BE DENIED!" The Saints are a team of destiny and we have waited forty freaking years for OUR TIME. This is our time. Our section is one of the loudest in the dome. All of you who want to see a cool video shot from the dome, it is taken after Deuce's first down run...VIDEO SHOT from the neighboring section 632. The video is shot by a Saints fan called resonantfreak.

got seats in 632 row 7 ...where is the video?

Two guys sitting a row behind me harassed 2 Eagles fans, and their kids, in the row in front of me for the entire game Saturday. The attacks were personal, and crossed the line several times. They left the wrong impression of Saints fans, and I'm sure the Eagles fans went home and spread the word about how they were mistreated. (The peabrained Saints fans were in Sec 633, R18, Seats 1&2)

I have no doubt that these peabrain Saints fans have never been to an away game at a hostile field. When you visit another team's stadium and are surrounded by thousands of their fans, you quickly learn to appreciate good sportsmanship.

Believe me, if I had to rank fans from top to bottom, the Eagles fans would be at the bottom, down there with Giants/Jets fans. I know about the history of Eagles fans being jerks. But what goes around comes around, and I would hate to sit next to those guys when our team travels to Philadelphia.

I'm confused...did you tell them anything or are you perpetually afraid of someone having a gun, like my wife?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom