regardless of network, who'd you pair as the worst announce team imaginable? (1 Viewer)

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
play by play: Buck. Like listening to those robot cartoon voices for 3 hours.

color:

Randy Cross. Not a great voice. Does not seem to understand down, distance and time. Was actually surprised that the Raiders, trailing by 1 point, with 90 seconds left and 1 time out, were going for it on 4th and 10.

Phil Simms. Doofy voice. Often says opinionated things that turn out to be terribly wrong. Saying the Saints absolutely shouldn't blitz Manning and then 10 seconds later having Porter do a pick-6 to win the Super Bowl is partially bad luck. But expecting the Patriots to run out the clock up 27-6 with a minute left, and talking about the halftime show halfway through a 50 yard TD pass suggests that he has never paid very close attention to Bellichick's team, despite being the top color guy for CBS' AFC-based coverage.

sideline:

Siragusa. Often silly instead of insightful, and, really, who wants to see that out there instead of Jill Arrington or Erin Andrews or Pam Oliver at her peak.

The worst pair or trio I could come up with is already a reality: NFL network's matt millen, joe theismann and bob papa. It's almost as if they tried to come up with the worst crew you could possibly employ for a national broadcast. Papa is not so bad, but he seems to be drowning in a sea of millen's and theismann's idiocy.

Dierdorf and Papa. Love Papa as a talk show guy but pair him with a blowhard like Dierdorf and it would be excruciating.

Toss-Up. All of these guys annoy me:

Brian Baldinger
Joe Buck
Joe Theisman

The worst pair or trio I could come up with is already a reality: NFL network's matt millen, joe theismann and bob papa. It's almost as if they tried to come up with the worst crew you could possibly employ for a national broadcast. Papa is not so bad, but he seems to be drowning in a sea of millen's and theismann's idiocy.

Korheinser, and Theisman together on MNF was a lot worse lol.

currently my worst announcers... Joe Buck, Troy Aikman... and they are supposed to be their top crew.

Cross, Mora Jr are pretty bad as well.... oh and Dan Dierdorf too... something about him rubs me the wrong way.

u beat me to it. they already have the worst pair with millen and thiesmann.

the nfl network is just an all around terrible atmosphere to watch a game. the announcer are god awful, the scoreboard on the screen is dull and unappealing, and the sounds of the game are non-existent. you cant even here the crowd.

i honestly struggle to watch a game on NFL network

Mat Millen, Jim Mora Jr, and Collinsworth is the worse I can think of.

Also, I'd probably even throw in one of those guys that did our Benagls game in place of one of them. Can't remember who they were, but they clearly knew nothing about us.

Collinsworth... is in a class by himself (...scraping the bottom of the lagoon). :jpshakehead:

The most TORTURE imaginable would be Skip Bayless (yeah, I know he doesn't do play-by-play) ---along with Collinsworth. Add Tony Dungy as a third talking head, and you have an absolute nightmare! :scared:

:gosaints:

I'm too lazy to do it, but I think it would interesting to see a poll to vote for the single absolute worst commentator? That would be alot of names to list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom