Reggie Bush is the new Aaron Brooks, or will be soon (1 Viewer)

If you watched the game yesterday, Bush had SEVERAL opportunities to cut it up for positive yardage and good gains...it goes both ways...He is not a good RB right now, no matter how you spin it...he is a very good 3rd down back and slot receiver...

Go watch the game again. I just watched all 11 rushes on the HD-DVR and out of 11 rushes 10 times they had buc players in the backfield during running plays. Their was one occasion that FOX pointed out there was a hole were he could have cut it up the middle. If you don't believe the film, then maybe you should listen to Coach Payton's press conference on how the Bucs were playing 8 sometimes 9 players in the box for the majority of the game! No team or running back will be successful running against that many players at the line of scrimmage. Thats why we killed the bucs with the deep ball. They gambled that we didn't have anyone that could beat them deep with Joe Horn out but they forgot about Devery Henderson. If Reggie Bush was not on this team we are probably 3-3. Next time you watch a Saints game, take notice when Deuce has his positive runs how many times Bush is in the game taking that safety or linebacker away from the line of scrimmage. When Bush is in the backfield Deuce is not in the game and the defense will stack the line rarely giving Bush a chance to be successful in the run game. With the success Brees and Co. is having throwing the football, teams will have to start respecting that and not play 8-9 in the box. When this happens you will see more holes and oppurtunities for Deuce and Reggie in the run game. If it doesn't happen I am happy putting up 30+ a game thru the air. Did you notice the key block Bush thru on a blitz on one of Henderson's TD's? Just like coach Payton said, you people are silly..

Go watch the game again. I just watched all 11 rushes on the HD-DVR and out of 11 rushes 10 times they had buc players in the backfield during running plays. Their was one occasion that FOX pointed out there was a hole were he could have cut it up the middle. If you don't believe the film, then maybe you should listen to Coach Payton's press conference on how the Bucs were playing 8 sometimes 9 players in the box for the majority of the game! No team or running back will be successful running against that many players at the line of scrimmage. Thats why we killed the bucs with the deep ball. They gambled that we didn't have anyone that could beat them deep with Joe Horn out but they forgot about Devery Henderson. If Reggie Bush was not on this team we are probably 3-3. Next time you watch a Saints game, take notice when Deuce has his positive runs how many times Bush is in the game taking that safety or linebacker away from the line of scrimmage. When Bush is in the backfield Deuce is not in the game and the defense will stack the line rarely giving Bush a chance to be successful in the run game. With the success Brees and Co. is having throwing the football, teams will have to start respecting that and not play 8-9 in the box. When this happens you will see more holes and oppurtunities for Deuce and Reggie in the run game. If it doesn't happen I am happy putting up 30+ a game thru the air. Did you notice the key block Bush thru on a blitz on one of Henderson's TD's? Just like coach Payton said, you people are silly..

Good post, it seemed that every time Reggie got the hand off or pitch the defenders engulfed him within a second or two. Deuce had a tough game running the ball as well. Our o-line has played much better than we thought going into the season, but the run blocking is average at best. Deuce makes some tough yards because he is the man at breaking tackles. Rushing the football is only one part of being a runningback, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good RB right now, as someone else previously mentioned.

I haven't seen too many Saints games live this season, but it really is amazing how much the defenses focus on where and what Reggie is doing. Now I also agree with another poster that says Reggie will soon have to start making some rushing plays or defenses will start to change their game plans, but he's been very important for keeping drives alive as a receiver out of the backfield.

That is nonsense, the Saints Offensive line is very impressive in the Passing game, but no so good in the Rushing Department. Reggie is a special kind of player and it will take time for him to adjust to running in the NFL because he does not want to get 2 or 3 yards per play. He wants to break every run for 40 yards. I think they should have gave him the ball 4 times in a row at the end of the bucs game instead of kneeling on it, because i think that that NO offensive TD is still bothering him.

I must also say that he needs to try to hit the hole and not dance so much in the backfield, and about 50% of the carries that he gets are tosses or sweeps. I do not think that he has any yards on tosses and sweeps or runs to the outside because all of the defenses are looking for this when he is in the game.

The defenses change just because he is in the game, defenses will not change what they do often just for one player. They all key on him, he does not get that many linebackers guarding him, because he is too fast, if he is in the game most teams will switch to the nickel package to bring in another DB to cover him.

He will settle down in the second half of the season, and he will be ok in the future he is still a KID!!!

Read my other post to see why he is having trouble running.

If you watched the game yesterday, Bush had SEVERAL opportunities to cut it up for positive yardage and good gains...it goes both ways...He is not a good RB right now, no matter how you spin it...he is a very good 3rd down back and slot receiver...

Also confirming what I saw during and after reviewing the game for the second time is the RB coach who was on WWL radio tonight. This is a recap of the interview credit goes to St. Ryan for posting the recap and I hope he does not mind me quoting his post.

"I should probably start a new thread about this, but I'll put here. Coach said that Reggie came in today and looked at the film of yesterday's game. The team had the day off, so Reggie came him on his own. There were no holes for both Reggie and Deuce. There was one play where Reggie had a cutback, but other than that play, there was really nowhere to go. Coach said Reggie is Reggie's worst critic and that he wants too badly to bust one open to feel like he's really helping out the team. He needs to take the 3 yards, but right now he's pressing to make that big play. Coach thinks it makes a big difference because instead of 2nd and 8 or so, it puts the team in a bad spot to play a 2nd and 13 instead"

Personally I hate the run plays when they give it to Bush in a two receiver set, the defense can stack the line and I have yet to see it gain positive yards this year. If you want to pound it in there, do it with Deuce. The little success Reggie has had running this year has been when we spread the defense out by going 3 wide and run a delayed running play. Same thing with Deuce, most of his success has come in a 3-4 wide formation that spreads the Defense out. My philosophy, we have a team that is very well conditioned (tough TC) instead of worrying about pounding a defense with the power running game to wear them out, our offense seems like once it establishes a fast tempo they really get in a groove and our almost machine like. I think if we stressed the up-tempo game even more, went no huddle on occasion we would be more effective wearing out the defense that way.

That man is 1 year 8 game rookie thats on a 6-2 Team and Fans here have something to complain about? OMFG! Get a life guys, Trash this damn worthless piece of thread.
Clearly the Casual Football fans are coming on this board after a Stellar Saints year and want something "anything to complain about", They are probably sharing some Opinion they've heard or shared with Co-workers or friends.
We've won more than 3 games this year now go sit down.

Don't come on here after you've played Madden and think you know football.

What do you people consider to be "Bashing" Bush? I see crying about questions regarding his YPC, and habit of bouncing outside.

I agree. People really throw around the "bash" word a too freely when they disagree.

I'm no coach or football expert, but I've seen alot of RB's at every level and the guy is struggling to adjust to the NFL run game. Yes, he's great in the passing game and he's ultra-valuable as a decoy. He's also a great humanitarian and a high-character, smart football player.

But, the man looks like he needs some serious coaching. I'm starting to put the onus on Payton and staff. They need to design some plays to get him running north/south. One read and hit the hole type stuff. Maybe set him a step deeper so he doesn't get to the line too fast or whatever.

I'm not panicking or ready to call him the "B" word by any means, but when the light comes on for this guy running the ball this team is going to blast off.
I believe we'd all enjoy seeing that.

I watched Ronde Barber go man to man with Reggie when he was split outside.

Right now Reggie is hands down DOY (decoy of the year).

How the heck do you measure that kind of impact?

As I see it. RB is giving the saints more benefit than he is hurting them. However, as a RB he is WAY to tentative running up the middle. Its almost as though he is a premodonna afraid to get hit. The holes are there for 3-5 yards if he just puts his shoulders down and follows the FB but he insist on going outside. I think payton may be coddleing him too much and should give the kid some tough love for his own good.

we are 6 - 2 cuz of reggie peeps.. chill out have fun

No we aren't, we're 6-2 because we're an awesomely-coached team that has found ways to win. The players are out there getting it done, and I'll concede that Bush has a hand in it, but to say that we're 6-2 [only] because of Bush is short-sighted with 619 eye black on.

This was my point of my recent post. Just support the kid. He is really a senior in college and also, a good human. He will be fine. Is he playing well , no. However, support him. Do you think he is the kind of person to not care to get better and with his talent he will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom