Reminder that Drew Brees and the Saints offense scored 46 points against the #1 defense in the NFL. (1 Viewer)

literature

All-Pro
Reaction score
This was without their fullback and only one quarter of their Pro Bowl TE.

AND without winning on turnovers.

AND it felt like they could have been a lot better.

This alone is enough to contend for a Super Bowl, please remember that.

Yeah, I feel like that got lost in the depression of the loss. The defense is simply our Achilles Heel. Brees was dealing without his starting TE, and an injured AK. But he was DEALING.

Drew Brees

29/40, 72.5 comp %, 340 yds, 5 TDs, 0 Ints

Nine point eight times out of ten, that should be good enough to win. SMH.

No moral victories here, and the Saints are and have been...and continue to be one of the most prolific offenses over the past 10+ years and in NFL History.

They got the win, they made the play to win the game there is no shame in that and no reason to convince people who flood the forum after loses and are nowhere to be found after a win.

This was without their fullback and only one quarter of their Pro Bowl TE.

AND without winning on turnovers.

AND it felt like they could have been a lot better.

This alone is enough to contend for a Super Bowl, please remember that.

^Perfect. Thanks so much Lit for making us aware of this amazing feat again. Brees is Back!!!

If we dont win the SB this year, it will be because of simply too many injuries. 2/3 LBs didnt suit up last Sunday, and 2 of the 4 starting DL were put on injured reserve today alone. Kamara just isnt the same guy, Peat is still out, Armstead has an ankle.

The good news is Peat will return. I dont know if Kamara is hurt or just a victim of poor play design and calls, maybe he can return to what you expect from him. TQS once again showed some promise.

But this many injuries on defense, we have to effectively become the 2011 Saints on offense if we are going to compete for a SB. The defense was exposed and racked up more injuries and you cant expect them to hold teams under 20 from here on out.

The complete game is so hard to achieve in the NFL and has been especially difficult for the Saints to pull off. If the defense is on point, we struggle to move the ball. If both are rolling, we break down in special teams. This is one where we were near dominant in offense and ST, but we took the 49ers offense too lightly and add a few key injuries which is the recipe for a letdown.

What I do hope is that this is proof the offense is just fine, better than fine, and that our recent hiccups on special teams are easily correctable. That leaves us to focus on defense the rest of the season leading up to the playoffs. We have to get better. Sunday showed it wasn't a lack of talent that killed our defense. It was lack of discipline, game planning and fundamentals. All of those are correctable.

It’s truly amazing that prior to the 49ers game, the Saints defense had only given up more than 28 points once. Just a few years ago, it would be amazing if they held a team to below 30.

Ok. Tough loss but thanks for the little reality check. On to the Colts.

That defense got us to 10 and 2 and kept us alive while Brees was out. They have done a fantastic job so far and now it's time for the offense to do its thing.

Losing Rankins and Davenport is a blow, but we have Drew Brees. I like the odds.

All I want for Christmas is for the Saints offense and defense to play well at the very same time. The way both sides tend to dominate while the other falters is mind-boggling. If this could happen, especially during the playoffs, I don't see any team beating us.

I benched Brees in fantasy football for my playoff game and I lost by a point. Would have easily won if I would have started Brees but I was expecting more of a 20-17 type of game... oh well. Always next season for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom