Report: Saints aren’t paying their fair share of payments for Superdome renovations (Update: Saints paid up!) (1 Viewer)

You really think Jerry Jones, of all owners, doesn’t have enough pull in that room to get just about everyone to vote in his favor, much less the mere 8 votes he’d actually need for a relocation block?
Hey, at one point Moe Green ran Vegas, and people didn’t believe that the Corleone family had that sort of pull.

Things change.

Geez, guys. This is just a contract issue. No one has said ANYTHING about relocation except posters in here.

Why? Not enough drama as it is?
the Saints, and the state,Relocation will always come to a person's mind whenever there's an issue with the Dome. That's natural for some to think that way.

Sounds like the Saints are questioning how the money was spent. In our business we have been asked for documents to back stuff up before we are given payments. It’s common and if it was asked for in December and the saints kept paying in good faith then after 5 months I would no longer pay until I received the documentation I asked for. This is typical business

You really think Jerry Jones, of all owners, doesn’t have enough pull in that room to get just about everyone to vote in his favor, much less the mere 8 votes he’d actually need for a relocation block?

Oh he might. For purposes of this discussion, we’re all just guessing what would happen forever into the future.

I do think a time could come where variables align in favor of central Texas and it won’t matter what Cowboys’ ownership wants if it’s good for the league.

But forgetting that, Jack made the statement that all markets are accounted for. I disagree. Certainly when looking at this into the future.

Among the 32 largest media markets, Orlando, Portland, Raleigh-Durham, Salt Lake City and San Antonio don’t have NFL teams. (New Orleans is 51st, for context). That isn’t to say any of those places are viable markets now, or ever will be, but the point is there are both large population centers and large media markets that aren’t currently home to an NFL team.

Sounds like the Saints are questioning how the money was spent. In our business we have been asked for documents to back stuff up before we are given payments. It’s common and if it was asked for in December and the saints kept paying in good faith then after 5 months I would no longer pay until I received the documentation I asked for. This is typical business
#stopthesteal

Oh he might. For purposes of this discussion, we’re all just guessing what would happen forever into the future.

I do think a time could come where variables align in favor of central Texas and it won’t matter what Cowboys’ ownership wants if it’s good for the league.

But forgetting that, Jack made the statement that all markets are accounted for. I disagree. Certainly when looking at this into the future.

Among the 32 largest media markets, Orlando, Portland, Raleigh-Durham, Salt Lake City and San Antonio don’t have NFL teams. (New Orleans is 51st, for context). That isn’t to say any of those places are viable markets now, or ever will be, but the point is there are both large population centers and large media markets that aren’t currently home to an NFL team.
Orlando is Bucs territory.
Portland is Seahawks ground.
And Raleigh is Panthers town.

They won’t relocate a team that encroaches on another territory.

How are you defining that? Nashville is only about 10 miles closer to Indianapolis and Cincinnati than San Antonio is to Dallas. Baltimore is closer to Pittsburgh. Honestly I don’t think any of that really matters, just not sure what point you’re actually making.

Orlando is Bucs territory.
Portland is Seahawks ground.
And Raleigh is Panthers town.
And at the end of the day if the owners could squeeze a nickle out of one of their own they would do it.

Jerry Jones threatened the cartel in the 90s and got his way, don’t think other have forgotten that.

And at the end of the day if the owners could squeeze a nickle out of one of their own they would do it.

Jerry Jones threatened the cartel in the 90s and got his way, don’t think other have forgotten that.
But all these cities are already close to existing teams.
They’re markets without a team, but they’ve been claimed by some team.

But all these cities are already close to existing teams.
They’re markets without a team, but they’ve been claimed by some team.
Have we learned nothing from the Chargers move from San Diego to Los Angeles? The lengths by which some NFL owners will go to show their arse knows no bounds.

They aren’t going anywhere, they’ve agreed to this so that they can also get a deal done to be here for 30 more years at least

“The Caesars Superdome has been undergoing a $500 million renovation since early 2020 — a project intended to bring the 49-year-old stadium to modern standards, extend its lifespan for decades and serve as the linchpin to a new lease extension that will keep the Saints in Louisiana for another 30 years.”

They’ll get worked out. Just someone wanted a story out there to push an angle.
I agree that it's unlikely they leave, but never say never. Hopefully doesn't ever happen, just wouldn't be the same anymore, at least for me.

It's not, directly, and I realize that. Just saying what could happen down the line, I'm old enough to remember almost losing the team to San Antonio back in the day.
Yeah, it doesn’t seem like it happened all that long ago (2005 was only a couple of years ago to me).

I’m pretty sure that within the next 10 year the gap between Katy, Texas and San Antonio will be nonexistent, making Houston and San Antonio one massive metropolis.

Yeah, it doesn’t seem like it happened all that long ago (2005 was only a couple of years ago to me).

I’m pretty sure that within the next 10 year the gap between Katy, Texas and San Antonio will be nonexistent, making Houston and San Antonio one massive metropolis.
It does seem like just yesterday. And yep, Houston is already a huge spread out metropolis as it is. Do not miss that daily drive. 😂 Did AIT at Fort Sam, don't like San Antonio either. Nothing against Katy tho. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom