Rob Rex and the Bills..... (1 Viewer)

The two Ryan brothers can't coach worth a damn.

Their father could... but all three are Class A Blowhards... Buddy was #1, followed by Rex and then Rob.

He accomplished far more with scheme and attitude with a ok group of guys than anyone else could.

Ok group of guys? I think that is selling them a little short. Greer and Porter were probably the best CB tandem in Saints history. Vilma/Sharper/Will Smith (RIP) were very, very good.

Buddy Ryan, no doubt one of the best DC's in the history of the NFL, but far from a great head coach....

I'm more convinced than ever that Greg Williams is a defensive genius. He accomplished far more with scheme and attitude with a ok group of guys than anyone else could. Appreciate the Super Bowl.

That's probably the one thing that ****** me off more than anything.

If he had just not gone off the deep end and not gotten the team in a world of trouble, he'd still be here. We would probably be a dynasty right now with at least another if not two more super bowls.

Greg Williams and Bounty Gate destroyed one of the best teams in NFL history.
But, it's all in the past now.....

The Jets were definitely attacking that secondary. It was like watching a Saints game from 2011. Essentially every play was 15 yds down-field and they were all wide open.

We said it here many times over the past two years, but it seems pretty clear-- Rob Ryan is a good dude but there is something about his defenses that just don't work against passing systems.

If Rex doesn't take over the reigns, he might have the toughest "cut" of his life or go down in flames with his bro.

That's probably the one thing that ****** me off more than anything.

If he had just not gone off the deep end and not gotten the team in a world of trouble, he'd still be here. We would probably be a dynasty right now with at least another if not two more super bowls.

Greg Williams and Bounty Gate destroyed one of the best teams in NFL history.
But, it's all in the past now.....

Well the BountyGate punishments came down after we'd hired Spags, and I think we mostly got rid of Gregg because he and Payton couldn't get along and Payton didn't trust him. Remember this? Gregg Williams may have been texting Saints draft picks to someone but it wasn't me | NOLA.com

At the time, fans were also ready for something new because of the way the defense broke down in the 49ers game. The thing is, at least with GW's defense it was bend-and-not-break the majority of the time, and a good offense got us more wins than losses. For the past two years the defense has been break break break. It's unfortunate that the best defensive coordinator we've had under Payton couldn't have also been one of Payton's best friends so that he'd have job stability for life.

Well the BountyGate punishments came down after we'd hired Spags, and I think we mostly got rid of Gregg because he and Payton couldn't get along and Payton didn't trust him. Remember this? Gregg Williams may have been texting Saints draft picks to someone but it wasn't me | NOLA.com

At the time, fans were also ready for something new because of the way the defense broke down in the 49ers game. The thing is, at least with GW's defense it was bend-and-not-break the majority of the time, and a good offense got us more wins than losses. For the past two years the defense has been break break break. It's unfortunate that the best defensive coordinator we've had under Payton couldn't have also been one of Payton's best friends so that he'd have job stability for life.

I think the falling out with Greg was because of Bounty Gate, Sean found out about it right before the 2011 season and I think that's when the trust issues developed.

Greg was informed he was being let go before the end of the season (or at least knew about it) and I think that's why we saw the results we did in that playoff game.

If the pay for performance thing doesn't happen and doesn't continue to happen then we would never be talking about wanting to move on from Greg I believe.

Goodell's completely unnecessary discipline was the crushing blow to us moving on.

This period of time literally killed this team and everything Sean and Loomis had built from 2006-2011.

Everything that has happened since has been a reaction to trying to overcome that.

If you think about drafts going in different directions, especially the 2012 one, the team we could have potentially built on defense.

Even hiring Spags was a reactionary hire to trying to get as far away from Greg as possible.

that defense looked really familiar didn't it? No rush and getting shelled in the secondary.

I'm more convinced than ever that Greg Williams is a defensive genius. He accomplished far more with scheme and attitude with a ok group of guys than anyone else could. Appreciate the Super Bowl.

Hiring two of the most consistently terrible DCs in the league to follow him will do that. :ezbill:

Payton wants yes men's around him and Greg wasn't that

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom