Rod Coleman officially a free agent... (1 Viewer)

Crumpler could put up Gate's type #'s with Brees in this system.

I'm not sure how much our system favors TEs, but I'll agree with you that 800+ yards and 8-10 TDs a year would not be a stretch at all for Crumpler with Brees pulling the trigger.. Hopefully our QB's willingness to spread the ball around, his previous use of TEs and accuracy would sway Crumpler to sign with us..

I'm not sure how much our system favors TEs, but I'll agree with you that 800+ yards and 8-10 TDs a year would not be a stretch at all for Crumpler with Brees pulling the trigger.. Hopefully our QB's willingness to spread the ball around, his previous use of TEs and accuracy would sway Crumpler to sign with us..

IMO this would solve the TE issue and put a smaller emphasis on the #2 WR position considering Crump would be taking some of those catches until Meach is ready.

Our system heavily favors the TE position, especially running out of a two TE position.

Payton is all about match-ups, three wide, power formation, single back with two TEs, five wide, multiple motion... Crumpler is tailor-made for this offense -if he can get back to his pro bowl level.

I wouldn't sign Leftwich, though. He has a slow release that is exacerbated by his long wind-up, and he is injury-prone.

I'd like to see the Saints make a run at Josh McCown as a back-up to Brees. He strikes me as someone better suited for this offense.

I bet us or the Bucs sign Crumpler... I'm leaning toward the Bucs, but I hope it's us.

Good point, the bucs are desperate for a quality TE... That would be a tough matchup for us to cover, Garcia to Crumpler...

Our system heavily favors the TE position, especially running out of a two TE position.

Payton is all about match-ups, three wide, power formation, single back with two TEs, five wide, multiple motion... Crumpler is tailor-made for this offense -if he can get back to his pro bowl level.

I wouldn't sign Leftwich, though. He has a slow release that is exacerbated by his long wind-up, and he is injury-prone.

I'd like to see the Saints make a run at Josh McCown as a back-up to Brees. He strikes me as someone better suited for this offense.

I agree that Crumpler would do well in our offense and certainly our offense would benefit by having him..

I was going to say something about our limited use of the TEs this year, but they (Johnson and Miller) caught a total of 75 balls for about 750 yards and 4 TDs.. Neither of them is in Crumpler's class though..

We've got a young offense that should have it's best year yet and the addition of a TE with Crump's skills would be huge. I'd also be very happy of we took some chances on Coleman and Zach Thomas. We could be the NFC's Patriots. Fast and fun on offense, old and smart? on defense. Kinda tongue in cheek, but kinda not. Oh, and minus the cheating.

Crumpler would provide some great mis-matches. I would love to see the Saints line up with Deuce and Reggie in the backfield and Crumpler at TE, then split Bush out wide to force a LB to cover him and another to cover Crumpler. If the Safeties cover it should open the field for Colston & Meachem.

IF he passes a physical with our team he is definitely worth offering a contract. The guy is an instant upgrade to our DT rotation and again IF healthy would be very solid in the middle of our DL! Would love to see him in camp and Wynn resigned to help as DE depth.

Rod Coleman and Crumpler are NOT cancers. repeat, ARE NOT cancers.
THose 2, yes, and really I dont' see coleman backing up young.. sorry, young isn't THAT good.. he's ok and would be a quality re -signing, but coleman would probably upgrade either DT spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom