Roger Waters has re-recorded Dark Side of the Moon, says “those guys aren’t artists” (1 Viewer)

He’s a piece of work.

I am interested in hearing a different take on “Money.” It always seemed like it’d be an awesome American-blues style song.

Roger Waters is a great test case for trying to separate the art from the artist. I love Pink Floyd and they absolutely were better together than Waters ever has been solo. The Final Cut was pretty much the first Waters solo album rather than the last Pink Floyd album and it was - fine.

Anyway, he's an anti-Semitic lunatic who's very hard to like IRL. I'm not gonna bother with a re-cut DSM.

Dark Side of the Moon was just an excuse to smoke weed and go to the planetarium.

you-say-that-like-its-bad-thats-right.gif

"They have no ideas, not a single one between them" says the man who ripped off Ralph Vaughn-Williams' "London Symphony" to 'write' the song "Echoes."

I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd's music from the 70s, but Waters hasn't written a single noteworthy thing since breaking up the band. That being the case, I question whether "his ideas" are really his or if he was just riding Syd Barrett's ideas and what he was doing musically before he had to give it up to check into a mental institution.

Also, it's highly unlikely the rest of the band did not make any contributions to the evolution of the songs as they worked on them and recorded them. Or maybe that's what he's saying here: the songs were better before they added to them. If that's what he's saying, he's just plain wrong, and stupid. The collaborative effort of the four musicians made all those recordings, not just him.

Perhaps he needs to find his way into a mental institution himself, not that his ego would fit through the front door, because he's in dire need of an intervention. What a punk. It's no wonder Gilmour hates him.

Gotta disagree here just a bit, his first solo album after leaving PF....The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is outstanding. It features Clapton on guitar (some of his best guitar work ever IMO) and David Sanborn on sax.....

But the other ones I've listened to haven't been anywhere near the same level.....

RW is a great musician, no question.
But Gilmour is a *god*.

I just now listened to Another Brick from Waters & Floyd (ca: 1996) back to back and Roger needs to just Please stop! and collect his royalty checks.
The Gilmour-led version is simply better.
Though I will admit nobody else captures the essence of "the Doctor" in Comfortably Numb like Waters.

I mean, should this come as a surprise to anyone really? Waters has always been a jackwagon, albeit a supremely talented jackwagon that when he left the band it ceased to be Pink Floyd.....at least to me....

Pink Floyd's brilliance IMO was the sinister lyrics and RW vocals combined with the incredibly melodic, mellow, plush sound of the music and DG's vocals.....without either Waters or Gilmore the band is not the same....
I'm probably in the minority but I actually really enjoy post-waters Floyd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom