Roger Waters has re-recorded Dark Side of the Moon, says “those guys aren’t artists” (3 Viewers)

I'm probably in the minority but I actually really enjoy post-waters Floyd

Haha!!!! Two of my best friends are musicians (guitar player and drummer), they agree with you. I like some of it for sure, but I don't think it is as good as David Gilmore's solo stuff....

Speaking of bloviating butt crevasses with giant egos...

Yup, EC has influenced countless players but has a reputation of being really jerky....While I think there is no doubt he is a great guitar player he really isn't one of my favorites, he does his style and does it very well, but he is not what I would call a dynamic player.....

Pink Flloyd is awesome when you're 16.

Even better when you're almost 60!!!!!!

I mean, should this come as a surprise to anyone really? Waters has always been a jackwagon, albeit a supremely talented jackwagon that when he left the band it ceased to be Pink Floyd.....at least to me....

Pink Floyd's brilliance IMO was the sinister lyrics and RW vocals combined with the incredibly melodic, mellow, plush sound of the music and DG's vocals.....without either Waters or Gilmore the band is not the same....
Exactly. They were so great together. Waters sounded like an evil lunatic and DG sounded like an angel. The lyrics to many of their songs are so damn dark, cynical, and nihilistic but it's contrasted with beautiful arrangements and some of the best guitar work ever recorded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom