Rumor: Les Miles/Tommy Tubberville (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Les Miles' agent talking to Michigan, not sure what conditions it would take for him to leave LSU for Michigan. Tommy Tubberville's agent is in conjunction to this talking to LSU about moving to LSU if Les Miles leaves.

There's 2 degrees of seperation on this rumor. The person involved is fairly reliable but :dunno: Take it for what it's worth.

Edit - Hey mod, throw a second B in Tubberville there in the title. And give posters permission to edit titles while you're at it ;)

Last edited:
I highly doubt LSU would go after Tuberville, especially considering his down year.

It could be fun though, just to see the Auburn reaction.

Yes, I am sure LSU is biting at the bit to hire a man who should be 0-3 right now

Miles is gone though....picking UM over LSU is a no-brainer for a man who played & coached there.

Last edited:
Call me stupid, but if Miles does leave I would not mind seeing Zook at LSU. Sure he did not set the world on fire at Florida, but he can recruit. You get the players at our university and you stand a very good chance at winning. You can find coordinators to run the nuts and bolts of O and D, but not everyone can recruit at the level of Zook.

Call me stupid, but if Miles does leave I would not mind seeing Zook at LSU. Sure he did not set the world on fire at Florida, but he can recruit. You get the players at our university and you stand a very good chance at winning. You can find coordinators to run the nuts and bolts of O and D, but not everyone can recruit at the level of Zook.

God NO!!!:covri:

Alright well explain why not.

Personally I do not think he got a fair shake at Florida, but he brought in some great talent.

Who out there do you think will be our next HC in Miles leaves...remember many fans were not high on Miles when he arrived and many are still not. Point being LSU is going to have to take a bit of a chance...not many of the top coaches are looking for new jobs at their current schools.

Zook = DiNardo

I can promise a swift and immediate unpleasent reaction should anyone with ties to someone with hiring authorization at LSU should the name "Tuberville" ever be mentioned as a possible head coach candidate at LSU. His best attribute as a head coach was that Mike Shula was his counterpart at Alabama.

Zook = DiNardo

I can promise a swift and immediate unpleasent reaction should anyone with ties to someone with hiring authorization at LSU should the name "Tuberville" ever be mentioned as a possible head coach candidate at LSU. His best attribute as a head coach was that Mike Shula was his counterpart at Alabama.

I disagree. DiNardo did not bring in half the talent at LSU that Zook brought to Florida, but that's fine I knew it would not be a popular name.

I will, however, pose the same question to you. Who else do you think it out there that is a LIKELY candidate for LSU. Again, remember, fans were saying Miles was in over his head before he even coached his first game.

It is not like, again if Miles leaves, you are going to get a Carrol or a Brown. Maybe Rich R from UWV? I doubt it. He has a cushie job without SEC expectation attached to it.

MLU, please dont tell me that you have that low of an estimate of Tuberville. I mean for God's sake the man has brought a winning tradition back to Auburn and he has made us a winner again. He has been for the most part a winner at Ole Miss and At Auburn, I think some poeple have an unreasonable and irrational hatred for him and look to say he is overrated once the moment he has a down year. I mean damn it he lost a lot of people to graduation and he is having a down year.

What do you people expect of him, seriously? do you think he can be 13-0 every season. Is that how cuthroat some fans expectations are of him? I think Tuberville is a good coach with or without who the coach is at Alabama. He has made the competition go out and get better. Saying its all because of one man and that man is Shula is ridiculous and laughable IMHO.

I cringe at that thought becuase it is so not unlike the man and what he has accomplished. And yes I do think some Auburn fans have been spoiled by the success he has brought.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom