Rumor - Morstead (1 Viewer)

A friend with team connection tells me that Morstead may be resigned. I know this is "duh" thing but could happen as it's being discussed.

For what it's worth,

My kid had a soccer game vs his kid’s team the other week. Not that it means anything, but didn’t seem like they were rushing to get out of town.

But why the big emotional goodbye from both sides then? I love Morstead but what about the new guy?
My guess is that they would re-sign him for much less than he was supposed to make and let them compete in camp. As for the emotional goodbye, maybe they hadn't discussed this option yet?

I love him the guy but if the younger player is just as good, we might as well build for the future, even at the same price.

He’s up there in age. I could see him calling it a career, but he does still have something left in the tank for a team

i don't believe that Morstead is coming back as much as we love him.

Maybe someone can enlighten me but I didn't see any major drop off in his kicks. I figured this was a pure money move. Lutz...yes....saw a drop off but TM I didn't really notice anything.

This would be interesting, and puzzling. It seemed the plan all along, and why we kept a 2nd punter, was to move on. I can't think of why all of a sudden the Saints would change their mind, unless it's strictly to let the two guys compete in camp.

Maybe someone can enlighten me but I didn't see any major drop off in his kicks. I figured this was a pure money move. Lutz...yes....saw a drop off but TM I didn't really notice anything.
He had his worst average per punt in his career last year 43.1. His rookie year was 43.6. His career avg was 46.5. His 50+ yard kicks were down last year. I watched several games last year and I was looking for a bombing Morstead punt and then got something that didn't even look like one of his punts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom