Rumor - Morstead (3 Viewers)

My kid had a soccer game vs his kid’s team the other week. Not that it means anything, but didn’t seem like they were rushing to get out of town.
Outside of Brees, most of our players love NO. I know Taysom just built a house in the Gentily/Lakeview area.

I think KCWhodat was just lamenting the passage of time. Doesnt seem like 2009 was so long

It doesn’t. Seems like yesterday Brees was holding his kid in the air with all the confetti. It’s just weird after all this time with Brees as QB, we never had to worry about it.

My mom said she heard that drew brees and Archie manning are going to do the fusion dance to reduce their age and become one solid qb for the Saints.

Maybe someone can enlighten me but I didn't see any major drop off in his kicks. I figured this was a pure money move. Lutz...yes....saw a drop off but TM I didn't really notice anything.
I saw quite a few kicks that had no hang time, nor distance. If it was pretty apparent to me.

A friend with team connection tells me that Morstead may be re-signed. I know this is "duh" thing but could happen as it's being discussed.

For what it's worth,
I surely hope not.
He's done.

His goodbye interview seemed very final. I can't remember the exact quotes but I think the Saints gave him no opportunity to come back, just a straight cut. A change of heart is always possible.

As far as staying in New Orleans. He was building a house here and said he planned to stay.

It was painfully obvious to me.
When the leg speed and strength for punters starts to slip their mechanics becomes less consistent because they start to “over-kick.” That is what I saw in 2020. When he tried to uncork one and/or felt pressure he was not good. Punting is more like swinging a golf club in that respect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom