N/S Sad story bout Greg Olsons son (1 Viewer)

Yeah, they have been dealing with it for the longest time now.
What would make it worse for me as a parent would be seeing the fear in my child’s eyes. When my oldest son was 5 years old we were told that we needed to take him to a hospital in Jackson because he might have cystic fibrosis. It felt like someone had hit me in the gut with a baseball bat. We took him for the test and after it was done we were told that we needed to come back in about 5 hours. I was at the point that anything he asked me for he was going to get. We decided to go kill some time at a mall and this mall had a big fountain in one corridor. He took off running towards the fountain and dove in. I couldn’t get mad and told my wife that I would watch him while she went and got him some dry clothes. Thank God he didn’t have it but that kind of fear is something that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

He was always a standup guy. No father should have to endure this type of torture. I hope and pray that whatever miracle is out there finds it's way to his family. I encourage people to be organ donors because of situations just like this.
I agree, and I know I am far from perfect, but I hope my organs are because I am a donor.

He has always seemed like a really good person. I can't imagine going through this. Sad to think that his child's life might be "saved" through the tragedy of another child dying. What a sad thing to think about.

He has always seemed like a really good person. I can't imagine going through this. Sad to think that his child's life might be "saved" through the tragedy of another child dying. What a sad thing to think about.
That's the thing about organ donation, as tragic as it is for one family, a part of their loved one lives within another. I saw a vid of an older guy who allows the mother of his organ donor to come by any time to hear her sons heartbeat. it gives her comfort and she has, in a sense, gained a family member. still I understand completely what you mean about how sad it is regardless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom