Saints add Cam Jordan to the list of restructured contracts (1 Viewer)

Loomis did say in a radio interview that the Saints would see some belt tightening this year, they might be looking to use mostly small restructures across multiple contracts the rest of the way to not put too much additional dead money on any one player.

That said, his contract is fully guaranteed, the whole thing is dead money already anyway.
They are finally reversing course a bit, that's good for the future. This team is no longer 1 or 2 players away from a SB, it's time they start acting like it.

They are finally reversing course a bit, that's good for the future. This team is no longer 1 or 2 players away from a SB, it's time they start acting like it.
Yep absolutely and it seems like this is a loss for the lovers of this method of doing business. People on here keep saying "Oh we signed the most expensive free agent last year" so we can continue to sign high dollar free agents. But that won't be the case.

My argument is that they need to commit fully one way or the other. We aren't in a position to be frugal and try to move toward a championship, so we'd need help from a big free agent or two to get us over the hump.

We should just do a purge as opposed to this slow death and gradually get worse but minimally get in better financial health.

We won't be able to take advantage fully of a rookie QB on a cheap deal until we get into the positives on the cap having to pay for all this kicking the can down the road.

Cam's ability as a Leader is being undervalued. Its very clear they value his mind over his body and he has obviously declined.

I'm happy to see it. Cam was here before we were good and has helped elevate this defense. He deserves to retire a Saint

Nice to save money but his contract is still $23 million against the cap. That's a lot of money on your books for an aging player and possibly a part timer going into the 2024 season.

Exactly. This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Take it on the chin for a few years and get it over with. Look to the future instead of trying to pry open a window that was nailed shut three years ago. Looks like they finally snapped out of it.

Have to be honest, when we drafted him, I wasn’t that thrilled with the pick, and I definitely didn’t see this man become what he has for us. He is an absolute STUD of a football player, ambassador, leader, and humanitarian. I’m actually eager to see the next chapter in his career. It will be a sad day when he hangs up the cleats for good, but cheers to one helluva career

Attachments

• 1709220018164.gif
    1709220018164.gif
    54.2 KB · Views: 0

Looks like they did a full restructure

This one was a mistake imo

Makes sense, like I said earlier, his entire contract is dead money anyway since it is guaranteed.

His contract should have been one of the first in line for a full restructure whether we plan on going all in or plan on some belt tightening, where you start to get in trouble is creating dead money out of non-guaranteed money.

Looks like they did a full restructure

This one was a mistake imo

Figured this was the case. Made no sense for them to only clear $1.5m.

Not saying I didn’t see the benefit of being conservative, I just didn’t believe it made sense from a tactical standpoint and at this point in time.

They may as well had not touched the contract at all if they only wanted to trim $1.5m.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom