Saints add Cam Jordan to the list of restructured contracts (1 Viewer)

His playing days are almost over and after reading what they did compared to what they could have done, it makes a lot of sense. This will probably be his last year and hopefully he's moved inside or he loses some weight and plays as a rotational player on the outside.
Agree to a point. I think what’s clear is that they’re giving themselves the option to move on IF it appears he’s truly done. If not, we would also have the option to bring him back with a smaller cap hit.

Original thread data should be updated with the accurate restructure terms.

They did a full $9.4m restructure, not the (pointless) $1.5m restructure Schefter indicated.

Agree to a point. I think what’s clear is that they’re giving themselves the option to move on IF it appears he’s truly done. If not, we would also have the option to bring him back with a smaller cap hit.
Every article I’ve read about his contract is that it’s fully guaranteed. Do we expect him to walk away from $12.5m next year? Or the team to pay him $12.5m to sit at home?

Would expect to see smaller ones like Moreau, Johnson and Gray. Then the decision will be whether some are just released (i.e. Maye/Hurst) or what to do with some of the veteran contracts (Kamara, Hill, Davis, Ram). I would imagine they will only do what is necessary to get compliant and then address others on an as-needed basis.

Every article I’ve read about his contract is that it’s fully guaranteed. Do we expect him to walk away from $12.5m next year? Or the team to pay him $12.5m to sit at home?
It’s not about the $. It’s about giving another extension/restructure that would soften the cap blow if we want OR taking the full chunk (minus the extra hit we’re taking THIS season) in a shorter time span.

Original thread data should be updated with the accurate restructure terms.

They did a full $9.4m restructure, not the (pointless) $1.5m restructure Schefter indicated.
Hopefully, a mod will edit this for me.

Would expect to see smaller ones like Moreau, Johnson and Gray. Then the decision will be whether some are just released (i.e. Maye/Hurst) or what to do with some of the veteran contracts (Kamara, Hill, Davis, Ram). I would imagine they will only do what is necessary to get compliant and then address others on an as-needed basis.

Yeah that seems to be the M.O.

Get cap compliant, make bigger restructures as they get free agent agreements. Makes sense.

No use doing big restructures unless you have the potential players you’re restructuring for secured.

I know Cam is on the downhill, but it’s gonna be so sad when he retires/leaves.
brees, deuce and him are/will be the hardest for me. i was legit depressed when brees retired. i gave up a lot of my life watching and reading and spending time on this forum when brees was here. probably also why i'm not as interested these days. i keep up, but its hard when you lose someone like that.

cam will be another tough one. dudes been rock solid and a great teammate.

his "how i spent my first million" is funny too.

I think he plays this year and then next in a diminished role. I like that we gave ourselves the option to move on after this season, though.

Hopefully, a mod will edit this for me.
You can edit the Original post... probably a wise thing to do as it appears people are under the wrong impression on what we actually did, since most of us only read the first page.

Cam was definitely nagged by injuries . Let's hope he comes back with a vengeance.

Apparently he had a leg injury that basically would not allow him to really push off on his leg. It really limited his pass rushing and I suspect it could not have been good when trying to anchor and set the edge. I don't think he's every going to be the player her was 5 or so years ago, but if he stays healthy, I think he will be better than he was most of this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom