Saints and Alvin Kamara agree to extension (180 Viewers)

Yeah and I'm good with not blowing it up. But I'm not good with keeping DA which I fear this could signal. Hopefully Loomis does the right thing and brings in a new head coach.

Jokes on you, Saints will lose enough games to be almost mathematically eliminated, then win enough games to where they need 47 different things to play out to make it in, obviously don't make it in, and Allen gets extended.

I love this. I don't care what position he plays. Alvin should never wear another uniform.

Guys playing their entire career in one place is so rare. When you have a guy like Alvin with such a unique running style, bright personality, Hall of Fame talent (and numbers), who has truly embodied this city and what it means to be a Saint, you have to be rooting for him to be here for his entire career. Extensions like this are a victory in it's own right.

There hasn't been much success post-Brees. Let's enjoy getting to see another 2 years (hopefully more) of our future Hall of Fame halfback.

Good Lord, man! Do you ever have anything positive to say?
:idunno:
Trevor Penning is holding his own. Our corners are good. Our defense which doesnt have many injuries is 32nd. Either the players or the coaching, take your pick. Giving up 200 yards rushing a game doeen't happen by chance. Hopefully< 3 games in 11 days was the cause, but those were two of the worst defensive games back to back since the Ditka era. Hard to think who are the keepers on that defense.

I love this. I don't care what position he plays. Alvin should never wear another uniform.

Guys playing their entire career in one place is so rare. When you have a guy like Alvin with such a unique running style, bright personality, Hall of Fame talent (and numbers), who has truly embodied this city and what it means to be a Saint, you have to be rooting for him to be here for his entire career. Extensions like this are a victory in it's own right.

There hasn't been much success post-Brees. Let's enjoy getting to see another 2 years (hopefully more) of our future Hall of Fame halfback.

The thing about extending Kamara is even when he starts to lose his effectiveness as a RB, he'll still be a nightmare for defenses as a receiver out of the backfield in third down situations. He started his career with four consecutive seasons of 80+ receptions. He's on pace for 82 this year. Kamara gets the second highest guaranteed dollars for RBs in the league, the Saints get cap relief, and the fans get to keep cheering for one of their favorite Saints.

Trevor Penning is holding his own. Our corners are good. Our defense which doesnt have many injuries is 32nd. Either the players or the coaching, take your pick. Giving up 200 yards rushing a game doeen't happen by chance. Hopefully< 3 games in 11 days was the cause, but those were two of the worst defensive games back to back since the Ditka era. Hard to think who are the keepers on that defense.
Doesn't have many injuries? I dunno, there have been a few significant ones on defense. Certainly not as bad as the offense, but it's an issue. We just lost Abedo for a good while.

That said, the defense has to be a lot better than its been the last 2 weeks.

Great, great news!

I'm so relieved. Still has some gas left in the tank. He's kept a great, sunselfish attitude during the negotiations. Has been playing hurt even with his contract in limbo. That's a team player.

This is a move you make if you aren’t firing Dennis Allen and want to run this back.

Do I want Kamara to leave? No. But this is exactly the kind of contract that has us stuck with Cam Jordan destroying the cap and barely contributing. We need to be shedding older players for capital and picks, not solidifying this thin roster.

He cant get yards behind that Line. We already are close to the oldest team in the NFL. We never know when to break up see Cam, Demario, Tyrann.

Why do people like you keep perpetuating this LIE? We aren't anywhere near the oldest team in the league. Our roster at the beginning of the season was the 16th oldest. That's halfway between the oldest and the youngest for those who are mathematically challenged. Take out Cam, DD, Mathieu and Taysom and we would be even younger.

Find some new material.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom