Saints are "on the clock" on SportsCenter today (1 Viewer)

Talib is very underrated. Kiper is the only mainstream guy on his bandwagon.

Talib is very OVERRATED. He's so inconsistent. I have watched him play several times. He's Willie Middlebrooks.

Also, they spoke on Reggie Bush. And I think Hoge and Mortensen were mearly spot on. Hoge spoke about how Reggie was inconsistent. He said that Reggie would run well at times. But then he would revert back to some of his freelancing style. I personally think part of the latter was due to the way defenses adjusted at the half and put more people in the box to stop the run. In trying to make a bigger play, Reggie would dance around. I also thought Mort was right when he said that Reggie dealt with some things both on and off the field and drew somewhat inwardly. I can vouch for that. Mort pointed out that Reggie has rededicated himself. I think that will end up making the difference.

It's one thing to say that Reggie has been inconsistent...that he's disappointed some...but you can STILL acknowledge, as Hoge did, that he did run very well at times. I think that's the point I tried to address in another thread.

That was Weak & Lame, All they did was tell us what we all ready know. thats ESPN for you.

I agree the segment was mentally challenged goes to show how much respect espn gives to small market teams or non dynasty teams lets see how long the raiders get on the clock or the pats ill watch espn more if the times are even close to the ridiculous smidge theydid today

I just watched it on ESPN.com They threw out the names Keith Rivers, Leodis McKelvin. But never really settled on a definite name. I am just happy that we did not hear Aqib Talib.

Well, on the Sportscenter Draft Special, they did a segment on CBs and Kiper raved about Talib. He was emphatic that he thought the Saints would take him at 10. McShay was there and he just shook his head. I agree that Talib isn't worth taking that high and from what I've seen of this current regime, they place a premium on character. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is completely off our draft board.

Kiper just kills me with the way he slots players as if they are being picked in a vacuum. He said Miami should take Dorsey number one overall because he's the best player in the draft. Let's ignore the fact that Dorsey will be best suited in a 4-3 defense and Miami will play a 3-4. Let's ignore the fact that all the guys on the panel just got done talking about how Dorsey was a penetrating tackle, who would get in the backfield and disrupt plays. Kiper then says how Joey Porter would love having Dorsey on the Dolphins to 'keep blockers off him.' Huh?!?!?!

Also, they spoke on Reggie Bush. And I think Hoge and Mortensen were mearly spot on. Hoge spoke about how Reggie was inconsistent. He said that Reggie would run well at times. But then he would revert back to some of his freelancing style. I personally think part of the latter was due to the way defenses adjusted at the half and put more people in the box to stop the run. In trying to make a bigger play, Reggie would dance around. I also thought Mort was right when he said that Reggie dealt with some things both on and off the field and drew somewhat inwardly. I can vouch for that. Mort pointed out that Reggie has rededicated himself. I think that will end up making the difference.

It's one thing to say that Reggie has been inconsistent...that he's disappointed some...but you can STILL acknowledge, as Hoge did, that he did run very well at times. I think that's the point I tried to address in another thread.

Oh, I can't wait to see what Reggie brings to the team this year. I truly believe this will be his breakout year. He may have been inconsistent, but no one can call him a quitter, and I've never perceived him as an excuse maker. I have a gut feeling that this is the year we'll see the Reggie we've waited for.

I didn't see the Sportscenter, and it sounds like I didn't miss much...

TO me espn only talks about the saints because they have to and i also hate NFL Live they seem to me like they never say to much about the saints either but i do enjoy NFL NETWORK they really keep up with what the saints are doing

That was Weak & Lame, All they did was tell us what we all ready know. thats ESPN for you.

Just goes to show that SR is the best source of Saints news. We have members who actually are insiders and travel in the "crowd" that knows saints football intimately. I may watch those shows to get personal gratification at them talking up my team, but never expect to get much breaking news. With as many members as we have and as spread out as we are (Saints Nation) we have eternal vigilence for insight....

I love the fact that Reggie has somewhatr fallen off the radar screen. His awesome talent, combined with the fact that he is a vetaeran and rededicated, bodes well for this sason's offensive production.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom