Saints bringing in Travaris Cadet for a workout (1 Viewer)

Is it possible he's being brought in for a look as a message to Harris? He has fumbled a couple of times and looked like he briefly bobbled a punt against the Jaguars on Sunday. This might have more to do with him than with Kamara.

I guess I don’t remember Ozigbo as well as I thought because I remembered him to be more of a thumper, north-south back which is the Murray role where as Washington had more of the speed and “elusiveness” of the two.

Again, preseason seems like ages ago, so it’s possible that I’ve just forgotten.

Washington was the N/S thumper and Ozigbo more elusive IMO. Add, Ozigbo was the better receiver out of the backfield. I think it was a costly fumble that sealed his fate.

They are looking at Cadet is because there are like zero other RBs out there that... Can play RB and WR... Pass Protect... Knows our offense.... and can reasonably impersonate AK41 - which is that we are looking for.

Over worrying at this point. Nothing is going to hurt by bringing in another RB and seeing how our health moves along the week. It’s basically a precautionary thing, I don’t believe it is a replacement thing for an injury just yet.

They are looking at Cadet is because there are like zero other RBs out there that... Can play RB and WR... Pass Protect... Knows our offense.... and can reasonably impersonate AK41 - which is that we are looking for.

With the hair and that’s where the impersonation stops lol

With the hair and that’s where the impersonation stops lol

No doubt! I use the term "impersonation" loosely...

More to the point, if we want to hold Kamara out for a game or 2 (or even just limit his snaps)... we need a back that can play RB and WR... Pass Protect... Knows our offense.... and can reasonably do what Kamara does on a weeks notice... obviously he won't be as good as Kamara... but no one off the street right now would be. Cadet is the only player that really checks all the boxes- I suspect that's why he got the call.

Kamara should of never been getting such a heavy load and Murray only getting 4 carries a game (if that)..if Murray was supposed to be Ingram's replacement then he should be out there in two back sets with Kamara and like Ingram getting 15 rushing attempts a game.

Seems like when he is brought in he never plays , seems like if AK was really injured they would bring in a better back
Probably not so much about Kamara as about Harris. Despite Harris' speed he doesn't seem to know when to signal for a fair catch yet. He looks down the field before the ball gets to him. Bad form. Cadet is a much more experienced return man.
Problem with that explanation is I don't think Cadet ever returned punts. He returned KOs but not punts. And most KOs today result in touch backs. Sorry, but I don't think that's anywhere close to the reason why Cadet is being brought in for a workout.

Wow. Cadet definitely has 9 lives. Always had high hopes for him when he impressed as a rook out of App. State.

Could this mean AK is banged up more than we would like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom