Article Saints Cornerback Shares Why He Loves Playing For Dennis Allen (1 Viewer)

Yep.

One of the best offseasons we’ve had in years! Thru vet FA alone, we added depth, addressed needs, n even upgraded a few positions. And we continued to address many of those same needs in da draft as well.

That said, IMO, losing Kaden was significant. He played well for us last year. But even then, LB was one of the thinnest groups on the team. So not only is it a lil thinner now, but the Saints have yet to address the void created by Kaden’s departure. They may do so eventually, but for now, seems they’re staying “in house” with the group they have.

So to your point, do the Saints have a couple of young “sleepers” in LB room? 🤔

Guess we’ll have to wait n see
Baun is going to step into that SAM linebacker and rush linebacker in pass rush packages role that Kaden thrived in last season.

This linebacking unit strength comes from Davis and Pete, Baun and Jackson are the young additions and Sewell and Orji young prospects behind them providing young pieces to continue to develop, this unit has talent on all levels with the bottom being talented yet inexperienced players.

Last edited:
Bookmark this post and come back to it when the Saints are 0-2 or 1-1 heading into week 3 next year (with a loss against the shaky Titans or lowly Panthers… or both!

This team will not start strong IMHO.
Funny, but Vegas will have us favored against the Titan's and the Panther's. They may not even have a winning record. Our first 5 games are against Ryan T, Andy Dalton, Jordan Love, Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones, and the rookie CJ.

Bookmark this post and come back to it when the Saints are 0-2 or 1-1 heading into week 3 next year (with a loss against the shaky Titans or lowly Panthers… or both!

I'm hoping to see some consistency and aggression from the offense to start off. We can't begin the season like last year taking the entire game to wake up on offense. First 4 games we scored 49 of 76 points in the 4th for 19 PPG. Should have went 0-4 (surprisingly almost went 2-2). I think if we can avoid these kind of results it will be something to build off of regardless of record. I don't see Carr and Co doing any worse though, especially throughout the season.

And what does that prove exactly?

That Allen is a terrible coach?

2007: 0-2
2008: 1-1
2011: 1-1
2014: 0-2
2015: 0-2
2016: 0-2
2017: 0-2
2018: 1-1
2019: 1-1
2020: 1-1

Those are the 0-2 or 1-1 starts under our former HOF coach, Sean Payton. Some of those 0-2s went to 0-4s and some of those 1-1s went to 1-3s and 1-4s.

10 of Payton’s 14 seasons coached started out the gate at either 0-2 or 1-1. What does that prove?

Those are the 0-2 or 1-1 starts under our former HOF coach, Sean Payton. Some of those 0-2s went to 0-4s and some of those 1-1s went to 1-3s and 1-4s.

10 of Payton’s 14 seasons coached started out the gate at either 0-2 or 1-1. What does that prove?
Thanks for doing the research.

To answer your question, what this proves is that a lot of fans don't have much resilience if their favourite team isn't at 1.000 like whichever team happens to be the media darling that particular day/week/season.

Thanks for doing the research.

To answer your question, what this proves is that a lot of fans don't have much resilience if their favourite team isn't at 1.000 like whichever team happens to be the media darling that particular day/week/season.
Makes sense!

And I totally agree with you!

It’s hard to win in the NFL and especially hard to win consistently. It takes a special blend of focus, execution and luck. Sometimes it’s tricky to get all 3 of those on a single Sunday.

I've always known the players will play for him. Just have to look at the defense for that. I do think he takes time to get everything in motion. It may not even be this year. I have more faith in him to do his job than PC who I really think is the key to our success, or failure, this season. Hopefully Pete owns that job and kills it.
There is no question DA is a good defensive HC. So far he has not succeeded as a HC. This is a big year for him. Sticking with PC might have been a big mistake. Not really too many excuses left. Weak schedule, a good core of vets and young guys on the roster, a good QB. It's now or never for DA otherwise I think we will be moving on. I'm hoping he shines this year.

There is no question DA is a good defensive HC. So far he has not succeeded as a HC. This is a big year for him. Sticking with PC might have been a big mistake. Not really too many excuses left. Weak schedule, a good core of vets and young guys on the roster, a good QB. It's now or never for DA otherwise I think we will be moving on. I'm hoping he shines this year.
I guess I could see us moving on but that's not really been how we operate in the office. They're nothing if not loyal to a fault. I actually like that about them.

For better or worse, this is what it all comes down to for Dennis Allen and the 2023 Saints.
Yessir...they have to win, all of the offseason sunshine pumping is moo if they can't put more points on the scoreboard than the other team more often than not.

I just can't help but to feel like there has to be a 11 win floor with the team they put together...they have everyone that they want, 9-8, 10-7 w/ a WC exit shouldn't be acceptable.

It’s means next to nothing, except the Saints have been slow starters except for 2009 for the most part

It’s means next to nothing, except the Saints have been slow starters except for 2009 for the most part
You missed out:
... and were still the best period of Saints football the franchise has ever seen.

It's almost like not being 1.000 early on isn't necessarily that important.

You missed out:
... and were still the best period of Saints football the franchise has ever seen.

It's almost like not being 1.000 early on isn't necessarily that important.
Who was our HC those years?

Because this is how DA starts seasons as HC and this is how he finishes:

2012: 1-3 (4-12)
2013: 1-3 (4-12)
2014: 0-4
2022: 1-3 (7-10)

We're not xCSPs Saints where a slow start could be righted...we're the Saints under a HC that has never had a winning record after week 2

Yep, Bill Belichick never got better at coaching after a bad career start, either. He got run out of Cleveland and the world never heard of him again...

Back to the point, a less than 1.000 start ultimately doesn't decide a team's season. All those living in an instant gratification mindset will be inevitably frustrated by the fact it takes 18 weeks just to conclude who is good enough for the playoffs.

Yep, Bill Belichick never got better at coaching after a bad career start, either. He got run out of Cleveland and the world never heard of him again...

Back to the point, a less than 1.000 start ultimately doesn't decide a team's season. All those living in an instant gratification mindset will be inevitably frustrated by the fact it takes 18 weeks just to conclude who is good enough for the playoffs.
I don't see anything in DA's methodology that puts him in position to be named in the same sentence as BB outside of "BB and DA are both head coaches in the NFL"

I just don't see it...I'll be elated to be proven wrong here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom