Saints DE Alex Okafor hopes to be ready for training camp (1 Viewer)

• Admin
a3acbba0-340f-11e6-a3c8-53974b79c9a0.a5af06a3eadd0ce5dd0145e9f1cdd8c8.png

By Nick Underhill

Alex Okafor is hoping to be back in action by training camp.

The defensive end is working his way back from a torn Achilles suffered last season. He's started some light jogging but is not yet doing work on the field.

“I’m right on track. I should be ready to go by training camp,” Okafor said during the #DoRight4LA event at the NFL YET center, where members of the Saints were working to upgrade the building and promote a healthy lifestyle to kids. “Honestly at this point, there’s no rush. We’re just trying to take it one day at a time and make sure that when I do come back, I’m right back where I was.”

Okafor admits that the rehabilitation has been a challenge and that he will likely be sidelined during organized team activities.
It was also a tough break to suffer his injury when he did. Okafor struggled with injuries for a few seasons before getting back on track with the Saints last season. He had 4 ½ sacks through 10 games and felt he was playing the best football of his career.

Full Story - Advocate

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin
I hope he's ready to go by camp but it's doubtful he will be doing good to be ready by preseason given the nature of his injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom