Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (3 Viewers)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
We expecting and prepping for getting carr destroyed behind the non existing left side our offensive line... hope these guy can roll right and throw on the run everyplay, because we are in trouble.
You are applying your logic to the offense we ran last year, which had a heavy reliance on the line holding their blocks for a relatively long period of time. Kubiak’s offense will be different, featuring motions and quick hits. I believe our line will play better under Kubiak’s system.

I have no problem.with picking Rattler. Thought he might have been drafted earlier. At 150, it could be good value. But, he is not what we need at this time. And many of the players we, the fans, wanted at TE, DT, S, LB, WR were gone. I guess DA and ML were picking BPA. Still scratching my head about it.
I would agree with you if this pick was made in the second round, and even the 3rd and 4th rounds if we had any. But in the 5th, this was a solid, looking-to-the-not-too-distant-future pick. We were one win out of the playoffs with an offensive coordinator that was asleep at the wheel and all the holes you think we should have filled with a 5th rounder. C’mon man!

When the Saints pick a QB in the first round, then they will show they are seriously looking at the future at QB.
Doing such a thing sensibly depends on the 1st round position and who’s available. I would hate for the Saints to reach in a big way just to get someone in the first round.

Wasted pick as far as I can see. Word was he had already lost his locker room at OU for his poor attitude and work ethic long before he lost his job to Caleb Williams.
There are way too many unknown factors for what happened in the OU locker room for me to be concerned.

So is Mahomes, but I'd take him as my QB in a second. And, I think it would be hard to find any 17 year-old 5 star QB that is not a punk. Plus, the word from NFL teams is that he matured out of the spotlight at South Carolina.
Valid points. Maybe he has matured... Time will tell.. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. After all... I didn't like Winston when he came here but he proved himself by his actions.

Rattler was on the same team, Oklahoma, in 2021 with Caleb Williams. In camp of 2021, he was named the starter. However, during the UT game, he was benched for Williams and didnt get his job back for the season. After that season Riley goes to USC and Rattler went to the other USC. In the two years he was at USC, USC finished in the top 25 in part due to his efforts.
This last year he reduced his ints considerably and began to look like the Rattler of 2020.

I think the NFL.com scouting report is inaccurate due to their claim about his arm. He has arm talent. He may need to increase his consistency and football IQ, but he has faced considerable adversity and prevailed. This is why he may be as many claim the steal of the draft. A 5th round choice for a backup and possibly for a starter down the road is trivial.

Considering Jordan Travis was still available, count me as perplexed.
Considering Jordan Travis was still available, count me as perplexed.
My opinion is that Rattler has more upside than Travis. We are all in the sphere of sharing opinions at this point, but that’s mine. I’ll take Rattler over Travis any day from an upside perspective, and from the perspective of a Kubiak offense.

Doing such a thing sensibly depends on the 1st round position and who’s available. I would hate for the Saints to reach in a big way just to get someone in the first round.
Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts, and Jordan Love have all been obtainable without reaching in recent years. It just doesn’t seem to be the Saints’ way.

Seems they’d rather keep going the FA QB route while using late round picks and waiting to hit the lotto. Most of the QB’s in the playoffs every year are first round picks.

Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts, and Jordan Love have all been obtainable without reaching in recent years. It just doesn’t seem to be the Saints’ way.

Seems they’d rather keep going the FA QB route while using late round picks and waiting to hit the lotto. Most of the QB’s in the playoffs every year are first round picks.
Yeah. Should have traded up in 06 and got our franchise guy. FA’s just rarely work out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom