Poll Which QB does Spencer Rattler project to become with OC Klint Kubiak? (2 Viewers)

Which QBs’ career does Saints QB Spencer Rattler project to have?

• McCarron/McSorley: Late round backup bouncing around NFL every 2 yrs or bounced out of NFL in 4 yrs

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Jeff Blake/Mark Brunell: Late rounder developed into a productive field general for 6-10 years

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Kirk Cousins: Later round eventual-franchise gunslinger producing like a top 10 QB

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • Keenum/Hoyer: Reliable backup with a max 3 year serviceable starter window early on

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Patrick Mahomes: Will maximize passing tools to become close to Mahomes level production/impact

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Chase Daniel: Set to be a Longtime Career Backup trusted to spot-start/game manage for inj. starter

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick: eventual Longtime Journeyman Starter for several teams elsewhere

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
I saw a couple of scouts throw out a Baker Mayfield comp. I can kind of see that if Baker would have played on that South Carolina team.

Rattler reminds me of a few QB's that languished for 6-8 years then came on late in his career. Cousins, Geno, sort of in that vein.

i almost put him in jeff blake/mark brunell box but brunell was awesome for the jags. not sure he will ever be that good. maybe jeff blake though

I really don't have any projection and expectations. Keep in mind that Spencer was no where to be found in any mock draft on this forum. I got nothing against the guy but he was a 5th that was passed over by 31 other teams in multiple rounds.

I really don't have any projection and expectations. Keep in mind that Spencer was no where to be found in any mock draft on this forum. I got nothing against the guy but he was a 5th that was passed over by 31 other teams in multiple rounds.
He wasn’t in anyone’s mocks, but if you told me he’d be available in the 5th round, I would have taken him in my mock. Rattler and Jordan Travis were two QBs worth considering in the 5th or 6th round. Spencer is a much safer pick than Travis because he’s healthy, has a stronger arm, and doesn’t rely on his feet as much.

My expectation, and I think the team’s expectation is for him to come in and overtake Haener as the number 2 qb. They wouldn’t have drafted him if they didn’t think he could compete with Jake.

As far as the poll question, I’d say my expectations are for him to be like Keenum(solid backup)for a few years with the potential to be a Jeff Blake/Mark Brunell starter down the line.

He's already about like Aaron Brooks on this forum....
Former no name qb doing a vid on him analyzing each play lot of baker in his game, but his comp.would be Gardner Minchew(too lazy lookup spelling)
He's not short on talent, he certainly needs an o-line and more than 1 capable wr.

McRattler.

Day 3 picks typically don’t become more than backups. Bad orgs may start them, see Washington’s McCoy, Howell, Heineke. The Cousins, Daks, and Bradys are the exceptions.

He wasn’t in anyone’s mocks, but if you told me he’d be available in the 5th round, I would have taken him in my mock. Rattler and Jordan Travis were two QBs worth considering in the 5th or 6th round. Spencer is a much safer pick than Travis because he’s healthy, has a stronger arm, and doesn’t rely on his feet as much.

My expectation, and I think the team’s expectation is for him to come in and overtake Haener as the number 2 qb. They wouldn’t have drafted him if they didn’t think he could compete with Jake.

As far as the poll question, I’d say my expectations are for him to be like Keenum(solid backup)for a few years with the potential to be a Jeff Blake/Mark Brunell starter down the line.
Like every rookie I will wait till training camp to give a better answer

McRattler.

Day 3 picks typically don’t become more than backups. Bad orgs may start them, see Washington’s McCoy, Howell, Heineke. The Cousins, Daks, and Bradys are the exceptions.
I would also like to add Bulger, Brunell, Rypien also went on to have decent QB years of play with pro bowls and a super bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom